SAP Project Manager
During this period many SAP customers were experiencing difficulties implementing their software successfully. Hired to provide on-site program management expertise and business consulting services to customers, especially in situations where projects were experiencing issues. Leadership role involved SAP implementation management, customer requirements gathering, project management, project turnarounds, customer relationships, project budget management, and team mentoring. Collaborated with executives to plan multi-million dollar business improvement enterprises. Member of a SAP Project Methodology Deployment Team (ASAP).
- Assumed leadership of a struggling Y2K mitigation project for a Financial Services Customer. Took steps to refresh the project team and work closely with the customer and team. Project was completed one month ahead of initial schedule.
- Turned around a troubled SAP project for a major Distribution Customer. Evaluated business processes, technology, and team to understand gaps and core problems. Restructured the project plan and led team that successfully implemented technology.
- Interfaced with scores of SAP customers to analyze and create implementation strategies. Participated in periodic reviews and quality evaluations of SAP implementation projects.
- Facilitated numerous project and program management training workshops attended by employees, customers, and third party vendors.
- Received a prestigious SAP President's Award that was given only to the top 2 or 3 Consultants.