SAP Business Analyst, Master Data Management
Hired as 1st member of new Master Data Management department. Worked with team members in organizing the department, creating initial Legacy Master Data transfer files, and launching migration with analysis, mapping, conversion, validation, formatting, and enhancement to new data; pilot migration on 1/2012.
Work on various projects assigned by management, including Master Data Governance, Commercial Material Hierarchy, Material Data Master, and other initiatives.
- Master Data Governance - Created solution to replace manual tracking system and generate automated reports daily, providing users with immediate review capabilities. Increased productivity as users can now view summary reports and details with zero effort (previous 4 hours for each report).
- Master Data Management - Established migration/enhancement/testing of Master Data Migration from legacy to new SAP-ECC system, resulting in a $1 million savings to the company.
- Commercial Material Hierarchy - Presented complete analysis of 5 hierarchy levels and concentrated corresponding Material Hierarchy code with descriptions. Worked with team in adding, changing, and deleting 55+% of Commercial Material Hierarchy Codes, with 99.945% error-free rate on 1,851 codes.
- Customer Structure Organization - Created solution in Excel with SharePoint for sharing 45,000 records with all the Sales Managers for assignment to the correct Sales Office organization, designing automatic synchronization completed in less than 3 hours.
- Material Data Master - Delivered PowerPoint presentation on SAP best practice for Base Unit of Measure (UOM), attracting interest from high-level management and influencing eventual reduction from 900 to 60 materials without Base UOM over a 15-month period.
- Vendor Data Master Migration - Conducted extensive research and identified best route and entire migration cycle, including optimal process, with final Vendor Data Master Migration at 99.847% of data quality (13 errors on 8,500 records selected based on total of 21,800).