Oracle Database Administrator/analyst
Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases, evaluate requirements and recommend available DBMS products. Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Creating and installing databases for various application implementation while tuning and designing reliability standards in stand-alone and distributed environments.
- Set up database users, manage database permissions and setup database roles, and enable database auditing for database security.
- Managing Oracle file systems using apps; ASM to increase efficiency while reducing overhead cost with standardized processes for shared services. Using E-Business suite to provide information-driven customer service that enables team members to meet customer expectations.
- Apply Oracle Patches and software upgrades (quarterly) using My Oracle Support (MOS)/Metalink to ensure database availability, reliability, accessibility, scalability and security. Migrating and upgrading databases from Oracle 10g to 11g.
- Responsible for minimizing downtimes on applications by ensuring the daily backups/ exports of database, archive logs to disk/tape systems. Set up and maintained backup procedures for database using RMAN.
- Participate in team building and certification projects impacting database platform with goal of delivering and implementing a reliable solution to support or enhance infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the Linux Systems Admin in O/S Configuration, patch application, users/disk space management, tape back-ups, documentation and day-to-day operations.