Senior Network Field Engineer
Trusted customer consultant regarding computer hardware, software, and network infrastructure, including firewalls, switches, and Epicor Linux servers - both cloud and on-premises. Provide highest level of technical service to both customers and employees on any technical needs that may arise, such as installing, deploying, and supporting customer infrastructure.
- Deliver onsite and remote support of Dell PowerEdge servers running Red Hat Linux and Windows Server OS, Dell & IBM Windows OS PC's, Eagle POS systems, numerous software applications, Sonicwall TZ and NSA series firewalls, site-to-site VPN's, Motorola WIFI AP's and RF devices, and other miscellaneous hardware, while adhering to PCI specifications. Duties include install, diagnose, analyze, repair, and documentation of networks and systems which improve service and performance to over 8,000 customers.
- Recommend and sell services and hardware based on customer needs, in addition to what account managers have sold. Consistently ranked in top tier of sales, including almost $95,000 per year over the past three years. More than half of these sales were on services alone, which equates to over 280% of set goals.
- Recently completed a two year project working with cloud hosting team; upgrading, installing, and maintaining Linux (RHEL) and Windows Server virtual servers on VMWare VSphere, all while performing my normal job duties. Last task was to upgrade 126 severely out-of-date customers' server VM's with a six month deadline, upon which I completed in two months.
- Create, test, and re-write internal technical documents and customer facing documents.
- Assist and/or take over many difficult tasks, which can range from anything such as a Microsoft AD issues to an upset customer.
- Maintain exceptional customer relationships where I have become the preferred and primary company contact.