Information Systems Manager
Managed and maintained all shipboard hardware and software in support of 1500+ users, providing 24/7 support and training for systems, property management systems, communications, infrastructure and desktop environments. Areas of accountability
encompassed server administration, network administration, hardware and software support, backup and disaster recovery.
- As a member of the core shipboard management team, played a key role in operations while working to enhance the image and visibility of IT. Conducted training to Korean crew on shipboard systems.
- Maintained communications between ship and home office through Cisco router and tracking MTN satellite communications between Sun Solaris, Novell and Windows NT.
- Provided creative and timely solutions in adverse situations as they arose to ensure the smooth running of shipboard operations.
- Operating systems expertise included Windows 3.1/Novell and Windows 95.
- Supported MS Office, WordPerfect 6.1, cc:Mail v.2.02, Lotus 123 v. 4, and InfoConnect.
- Spearheaded the implementation of new systems, automated processes and increased efficiencies.
- Developed in-house database applications Datacard U800.