Senior Database Administrator (dba)
Senior DBA responsible for 20+ Oracle RAC databases running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows; responsible for 100+ Microsoft SQL Server databases that support various hospital wide applications
- Manage and support RAC databases running on 5 clusters. The databases and applications provide services for Hospital's clinical system, operation/surgical rooms, emergency department, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology department, physician portals etc. My responsibilities include infrastructure design, database design, database installation and generation, production support, upgrade/migration/patching, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Manage and support data warehouses running on Oracle RAC cluster. The data warehouse provides reporting services to financial department and management teams. My responsibilities include schema design, database installation and generation, production support, reports performance tuning, and upgrade/migration/patching.
- Installed and configured 10g/11g RAC databases, including installing cluster ware, database software, ASM and creating RAC databases.
- Designed and tested RAC failover strategies for various scenarios; documented the scenarios and procedures for RAC failover.
- Designed and implemented data recovery site to provide disaster recovery protection (DR) for major databases and applications.
- Provide support for Microsoft SQL Server databases that support 100+ hospital applications
- Monitor and optimize performance of databases: monitor databases' performances and tune database (SQL tuning and instance tuning); collect necessary statistics to improve performance.
- Design, maintenance and troubleshooting of RMAN backup scripts.
- Documented the database infrastructures and DBA routines.