Customer Service Engineer
Directly accountable for displaying a high degree of initiative, problem solving, and customer service skills while prioritizing, coordinating, and performing work assignments involving the installation, repair, and servicing of machines and equipment including board and component level electronics. Partner with sales team to provide technical product knowledge and customer training as needed to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Continuously develop technical knowledge of all products and services offered including ID / card printing and embossing machines in order to provide support and assistance to both customers and sales team members.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and point-of-contact as needed on escalated technical issues and problems due to experience and a willingness to invest the time required to investigate and develop effective solutions.
- Identify and provide additional assistance as needed to support efficient day-to-day operations while regularly interacting with management to establish objectives and to update them on project status and any issues.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of technology, equipment, and tools necessary to quickly analyze and determine problem areas, expedite installation, troubleshooting, and repair, and to deliver proficient and timely service.
- Monitor delivery of service, produce and review activity reports, uncover opportunities to improve and provide additional customer support, and contribute to improved efficiency, profitability, and cost effectiveness.
- Use aptitude in electronics including root cause analysis, functionality testing, maintenance and repair, system optimization, procedure documentation, and electronic components and sub-assemblies to deliver results.
- Complete job assignments in the most efficient, safe, and expedient manner while professionally representing the company to customers, ensuring established procedures are followed, and resolving problems quickly.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize tasks while establishing a reputation for professionalism, integrity, and delivering exceptional quality of work.