Creative Writer/media Relations Specialist
Conceptualized and currently managing "JSU Roars, " a public relations/marketing campaign to promote the university's premier research, academic departments and programs across multiple platforms with the goal of reinforcing the JSU brand and raising the institution's profile nationally.
- Leading negotiations with media outlets in the Jackson metro area for university promotional spots and feature stories.
- Facilitating news coverage for university events in local, regional and national markets.
- Writing and editing copy for university website and internal and external publications.
- Writing and editing speeches for university administrators.
- Producing special interest publications for the university.
- Arranging editorial board meetings for JSU's president.
- Developing messaging and talking points related to university projects and long-term goals.