Assistant to State Highway Engineer
Assisted State Highway Engineer within engineering divisions of Preconstruction, Traffic, Construction, and Maintenance to implement State Transportation Improvement Program in accordance with DOT, FHWA, and AASHTO guidelines. As directed by Executive Director and State Highway Engineer, assisted with special projects, committees, correspondence, and meetings with the public, elected officials, and local, state and federal governmental entities.
- Participated in the organizational restructuring of several DOT sections, serving as advisor to policy and program issues.
- Monitored, tracked, and reported on various office initiatives and programs related to the DOT's Strategic Plan.
- Assisted State Highway Engineer and Executive Director in the implementation of major changes of doing business at [company name], resulting in improved efficiency and effectiveness of the business operations.
- Managed a Special Projects section involved in highly innovative advanced-project-delivery programs including the Construction and Resource Manager (CRM) consultant program, the South Carolina State Infrastructure Bank transportation funding program, and various Design-Build initiatives.
- As Chairman of the CRM Coordination Committee, identified issues, analyzed data and techniques, and assessed processes and practices within as well as outside the Department to ensure the Department's 27 in 7 Program goals and objectives were achieved, and the program's policies and procedures were implemented.
- Facilitated meetings, made formal presentations, and coordinated sub-committees' processes and reviews. Maintained minutes of meetings and actions taken by Committee and sub-committees and briefed State Highway Engineer and Executive Director on a monthly basis.
- Assisted with the drafting of the State Infrastructure Bank Application criteria and process.
- Supervised staff providing engineering expert testimony for property acquisitions under eminent domain proceedings.