Inherited all technical administrative tasks including managing all of Maxim's domains, DNS configurations, web servers in Acquia Cloud Platform, Drupal 7 code base, Akamai CDN, net storage, Git repositories, Drush script development, Sail-thru email service API, Google Analytics/DFP, Brightcove API, Xbox 360 App, RSS Feeds in XML/JSON, Server and Drupal Cron tasking, UX/UI development for Maxim staff including brainstorming, developing, training and executing to maxim.com under strict agile methodologies.
- Developed custom modules, maintained/patched vulnerable code from previous development team resolving issues with the current site such as slow performance, 404's, scheduling issues for publishing nodes, unauthorized access to Drupal administration, content/lock/edit control for senior editors, and fixing space for media uploads.
- Cut costs by 70% for internal staff by removing unnecessary steps in creating, editing, previewing, approving, and publishing between editorial staff, media creators, marketing, and digital for all of Maxim's website content.
- Provided an effective TTL buffer (15 minutes) solution to avoid a dead maxim.com by placing in cache configurations using Varnish, Memcache, Akamai API, effectively within the Acquia Cloud Platform.
- Removed bad custom code from previous developers paying attention to the general framework of the Drupal profile, use of default libraries, contributed, custom, and feature modules including all of the theme's configurations in template.php, node/page pre-processors, and hooks increasing site performance dramatically.
- Assisted with all general internal staff needs such as enhancing user experience, creating accounts, evaluating and assigning proper roles/permissions, adding and/or changing content types, and leading all development and sprint planning meetings by communicating the importance of strict agile practices, clean code writing all for reducing potential security risks and/or technical management deficiencies.