- Featured in:
The best examples from thousands of real-world resumes
Handpicked by resume experts based on rigorous standards
Tailored for various backgrounds and experience levels
Hadoop Developer Resume Samples
No results found
years in workforce
years at this job
Mining And Business Analytics
Hadoop Developer- II
Worked with product design teams to collect, store performance and trace log data into HDFS from different
network elements in commercial WCDMA/LTE networks.
- Analyze or transform stored data by writing Mapreduce or Pig jobs based on business requirements.
- Worked with IT in installing CDH production cluster, commissioning & decommissioning of data node, name
- Participated in multiple big data POC to evaluate different architectures, tools and vendor products.
years in workforce
months at this job
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Master of Arts
Master of Arts
Junior Hadoop Developer
Underwent training on Hadoop Big data.
- Worked on analysis of Datasets related to retail and financial industries.
- Worked with Pig, Hive, Map Reduce and Sqoop.
- Installation and setup of Hadoop.
- Hands on Experience on Linux systems
- Documentation of the day to day tasks.
years in workforce
months at this job
Computer Science Engineering
Build 20-node hadoop cluster.
- Migrated from Amazon AWS to Co-location datacenter.
- Ran the benchmark tools to test the cluster performance.
- Configured the hadoop properties to achieve the high performance.
- Shell scripts to dump the data from MySQL to HDFS.
- Setup the ganglia monitoring tool to monitor both hadoop specific metrics and also system metrics
- Wrote custom Nagiosscripts to monitor Namenode, data node, secondary name node, job tracker and task trackers daemons and setup alerting system.
- Experimented to dump the data from MySQL to HDFS using sqoop.
- Upgraded the hadoop cluster from CDH3u3 to CDH3u4
- Written cron job to backup Metadata
More Hadoop Developer
Edit This Resume
Hadoop Developer Resume Success Stories
Hadoop Developer Duties and Responsibilities
Hadoop developers perform varied day-to-day job tasks based on the amount of data they are managing and the data needs of the hiring company. However, these core duties are essentially the same in all industries:
Develop Hadoop Applications Hadoop developers create Hadoop applications to analyze data collections.
Create Frameworks Hadoop developers create processing frameworks to monitor data collections and ongoing data processes.
Extract Data Hadoop developers perform data extraction functions to isolate specific data clusters.
Test Scripts Hadoop developers regularly test scripts and analyze the results to ensure networks are functioning optimally.
Safeguard Data Hadoop developers maintain cybersecurity to keep data secure. This includes finding potential security issues that could put data at risk.
Track Data Hadoop developers create web data tracking programs to monitor where data is coming from and where it is going to.
Clean Up Data Hadoop developers perform data cleanup to remove unnecessary data that's just taking up space.
Create Reports Hadoop developers write reports that detail the state of data security and point out potential problems with data collection or storage.
Hadoop Developer Skills and QualificationsHadoop developers use Apache Hadoop and various computer programming languages to manage large data collections, keep information secure, and perform various functions relating to stored data. Companies hire candidates who have all the following skills and knowledge:
- Programming - in addition to Hadoop knowledge, Hadoop developers have strong programming skills in other languages like Java, Python, Unix script, and C++
- Attention to detail - because Hadoop developers analyze data and scripts and write computer code, these professionals must be highly detail-oriented to spot even the smallest potential problems that could hinder security or data collection processes
- Problem-solving skills - Hadoop developers use problem-solving skills to fix errors in scripts and computer network processes
- Communication skills - Hadoop developers use verbal and written communication skills to relay important information to staff members and supervisors regarding data security, collection, and storage
- Time management - because Hadoop developers work on multiple data projects at once and perform regular tests and checks on systems, good time management skills are essential
Hadoop Developer Education and TrainingAt minimum, Hadoop developers are required to have a bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar field. Many employers strongly prefer candidates who have a master's degree. Additionally, a majority of employers require Hadoop developers to have past work experience writing Hadoop codes or other computer programming codes. Very little on-the-job training is provided to Hadoop developers, who already have the essential programming knowledge needed to perform their daily job functions. Many companies do offer a brief orientation period to Hadoop developers to help them become familiar with data storage and computer network systems. This training usually spans no more than two weeks.
Hadoop Developer Salary and OutlookAccording to job data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, database administrators earn $87,020 in yearly median income. Like Hadoop developers, database administrators use software to store, manage, and secure data collections. This job field is projected to grow 11 percent through 2026. This is faster than the average national job growth rate. A majority of employers provide Hadoop developers with full benefits packages that include healthcare coverage with medical, dental, and vision insurance. Retirement benefits and life insurance are also standard. Hadoop developers also typically receive paid vacation, holidays, and sick days. Some large companies provide additional perks to employees, such as wellness program enrollment, gym membership discounts, and free parking. Some employers may offer continuing education benefits, such as tuition reimbursement.
Turn to these books and websites to find job listings, education resources, strategies, and techniques for Hadoop developers who want to advance on their chosen career path:
Digital Analytics Association - find tools and resources for professional development in digital analytics of all kinds at DAA. This website also contains a job board and an events calendar for professionals who want to advance in their chosen career path
Hadoop Operations: A Guide for Developers and Administrators - learn the art of maintaining Hadoop clusters with the tips and tools presented in this book, which provides in-depth details of using Hadoop to perform various functions
Computer Science - this website is dedicated to computer science education and contains information about scholarships, career opportunities, and other professional learning resources
Hadoop 2.x Administration Cookbook - use this book to learn how to set up Hadoop architecture and successfully run data clusters. The text comprehensively covers scheduling jobs, securing data clusters, and optimizing clusters for maximum performance
Association of Software Professionals - this site was made for all software professionals to provide news updates, resources, and member benefits
Hadoop Explained - learn how Hadoop works and what it does in this book, which also offers tips for successfully using Hadoop to manage large amounts of data
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume