RN -lactation Consultant
Provides culturally competent and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient consultations in routine and special circumstance lactation, from preconception to beyond twelve months
- Provides substantive breastfeeding assistance and skilled technical management of maternal or infant lactation related problems. (i.e. c-section, infants in NICU or intermediate nursery, LBW infant, mastitis, engorgement, maternal drug use, etc).
- Provides lactation support for infants and families in NICU
- Collaborates with RN's, MD's and other members of health care team to provide continuity of care
- Conducts breastfeeding discharge classes with new parents.
- Develops and implements patient care plans
- Conducts continuing education with labor/delivery and mother/baby staff. Serves as preceptor for nursing students.