Professional Payroll Accountant
Monitored employee benefit deductions, garnishment payments, earnings credits, and compensation funding (wages, withholding, 401K, etc.) Conducted daily processing and controls, checking dispositions, preparing monthly bank reconciliations, and resolving variances.
- Receiving compensation information, prepared payroll for over 1K impatriate (inbound to the US) assignees via IA Cross Reporting Repository.
- Corresponded with US banks, 3rd party deduction administrators, and HR administrators, answering 500+ employee inquires monthly.
- Reduced funds discrepancies by over 85%, collaborating with Citibank resolving outstanding differences in excess of $500K.
- Worked with Citibank Wordlink, transferring employees' allowances to foreign banks, tracing problems with transfers and following through to competition.
- Cooperated with Ernst & Young on over 600 international and domestic assignees, determining hypothetical withholding calculations, W2 correction, and 911 housing exclusion.
- Trained 10 associates in Philippines, facilitating off-shore transition of payroll activities.