Commercial Loan Officer / Portfolio Manager / Senior Credit Analyst
Developed new real estate secured borrowing relationships; conducted customer calls to discuss financing, negotiated terms, directed application process, and underwrote, presented and closed new loans.
- Managed and monitored an assigned commercial real estate loan portfolio of $40MM+, including annual reviews, periodic site visits, resolving payment and other issues, and approving or making recommendations on requests for loan modifications, renewals and extensions, based on credit, financial and relationship factors.
- Functioned as a principal credit analyst for the bank from 1998 to 2002 until promoted to commercial loan officer. Introduced effective analytical and visual concepts to improve and streamline the credit underwriting process.
- Responsible for underwriting the largest and most complex credit requests from C&I, commercial real estate and construction loan borrowers.
- Guided, trained and managed other commercial credit analysts.
- Reason for leaving: advancement opportunity at another bank.