Aviation Electronics Technician
Responsibilities included Troubleshooting, Calibration, and Modification of communications/navigation equipment. Equipment types consisted of HF/VHF radios, audio and navigational control heads, Satellite Communication radios and audio accessory units. I setup and configured new test equipment for state of art communications equipment with very little technical support from manufacturer.
- Used my technical expertise to write modified test procedures for various types of avionics equipment with the approval of Delta Engineering.
- Troubleshot and repaired all types of avionics equipment to component level and was consistently one of the top producers in my department.
- Troubleshot, repaired, and operated automated test equipment (RFT 1000).
- Assisted OEM in the modification of test procedures, in order to test equipment to both domestic and international standards.
- Modified automated test equipment to perform testing on newly acquired avionics equipment.
- Selected to team that oversaw vendor reliability issues and found problems that others in industry overlooked.