Aviation Electrician Technician Collateral Duty Inspector
Installation, removal, inspection, testing, maintaining, and repair of electronic components, subsystems, and ancillary equipment of aircraft communications, navigation systems and electronic countermeasures systems.
- Diagnosed and isolated electrical system failures and performed operational tests on installed systems.
- Verified accuracy of all maintenance performance data prior to computer submission.
- Utilized electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, and technical data publications as needed to ensure specifications were within tolerance levels.
- Conducted spot checks to ensure all safety procedures were adhered to.
- Supervised and instructed new employees on company policies and procedures for aircraft avionics and electrical discrepancies in a safe and timely manner.
- Assigned work based on individual employee skill level, time constraints and cross training needs.
- Attended maintenance meetings
- Ensured Maintenance Control Division was updated, throughout the day, on aircraft maintenance status changes.
- Made changes to maintenance plans after anticipating problems that could affect deadlines or prevent aircraft from meeting flight requirements.
- Conducted quality control checks on preformed maintenance, all tools used, and safety procedures to ensure highest quality level possible.