Manager/supervisor/silk Screen Printer
Trained and supervised between six to ten employees including inspection and oversight of their work as well as keeping the team motivated and focused to meet deadlines.
- Interviewed and evaluated candidates for the purpose of hiring.
- Provided exceptional customer service through answering inquires by phone and email, assisting clients in placing their orders and soliciting payment for completed jobs.
- Opened and closed the print shop daily as well as maintained regular shop operations such as checking in deliveries, maintenance of machines, coating, burning and reclaiming screens, and delivery of special orders.
- Skilled artisan with over 18 years of experience in all aspects of silk screen printing including the creation of artwork, set up and maintenance of machines and execution of detailed multicolor images and designs onto various types of apparel and merchandise.
- Utilized extensive technical and mechanical skills by operating complex machinery like one, four, and six color manual presses, Insta 715 Heat seal press, Hotronix-Heat seal press, Hotronix-Thermal Transfer hat press, Amergraph Exposure Unit, National Exposure Unit, Husky1750 Powerwasher, HD 1600 Powerwasher, and Baldor Powerwasher.
- Adept at listening to client requests and creating corresponding artwork to meet customer specifications.
- Employed creative and technical skills in using graphic design programs such as Corel-Draw to create innovative and cutting edge artwork.
- Proficient in ensuring quality control, inventory control, and the distribution of goods by quantity, color, and size and also mixing various ink colors and tints for specific print jobs.