Sr. Structural Draftsman/designer
Lead modeler on upstream structures, topsides, jackets, marine vessels and industrial plants for the oil and gas industry. Primary focus on main and secondary structural steel to create detail assembly drawings, structural detail cut list and templates for fabrication and erection. Checked and approved drawings upon completion by self and/or peers. Evaluated and communicated essential project information to project managers and teams. Read and interpreted design drawings to assist engineers with calculations for project construction.
- Modeled Shell deep water tension leg platforms including Mars and Brutus and two of BP's largest and deepest moored floating productions Atlantis and Thunder Horse.
- Modeled ultra deep water SPAR platforms for Chevron (Genesis) and BP (Mad Dog, Holstein).
- Created over 24,000 parts and assembly drawings for 32 Tendon Buoyancy Modules on Chevron's Bigfoot Project.
- Devised jacket and platform plans for British Gas, the Angostura Gas Project for BHP Billiton and a 15,000 ton deck for Noble Energy's Alen Field Project.
- Managed, prioritized and coordinated drawings and detailed assemblies for Harris Casino Barges.
- Prepared parts and panel assembly drawings to fabricate ducts and gas flues for several nuclear power plants.
- Created CNC files for cutting, beveling and nesting of plate.
- Participated in material take-off, plate sizing and pre-nesting for project material orders.
- Created and managed data for traceability utilizing Microsoft Excel and Access Database.
- Prepared drawings for proposals, pipe racks and assemblies on a number of other projects.