Architectural Drafting Technician
Prepare schematic reports including client interview, field investigations, code review, project budget estimating, drawing and specification proposals.
- Prepare architectural and engineering designs from schematic reports.
- Prepare contract drawings and specifications for construction projects as required for applications for building permit, public bidding and construction.
- Assist in site work evaluations and discussions of desired architectural and engineering alterations and additions during the construction phase.
- Modify preliminary architectural and engineering designs as directed.
- Review shop drawings for compliance with the intent of the construction documents and directs contractors as required.
- Create and maintain facilities management database using appropriate software.
- Assist in construction contract administration
- I created a formula that counts the number of times we have various types of issues in our construction projects. The formulas tally the number of times an issue arises for many types of issues.
- I put our department files on the district website for view and download for our consultants. I made the pages and upload the files. The files are updated as we change them.
- I helped my office with unlocking protected excel files, which they did not have a password to unlock.