Assistant Corporate Secretary
Directed corporate governance and compliance support to the Boards and management of PSEG and 130+ domestic and international subsidiary companies, overseeing a staff of four. Served as Secretary of 12 and Assistant Secretary of 65 PSEG system companies with over 10,000 employees. Coordinated and attended 90+ Board, Audit, Corporate Governance, Disclosure, Finance, Generation, Organization and Compensation, and Risk Management Committee meetings annually. Prepared associated agendas, meeting books, materials, minutes and resolutions. Prepared responses to regulatory audits and discovery requests.
- Led re-staffing and rebuilding the department that lost 60% of staff during an unsuccessful merger.
- Streamlined and improved Board and Committee processes, revised Corporate Governance Principles and Committee Charters, benchmarked and implemented best practices, and reduced department costs by over 10%.
- Conducted research and maintained corporate books, records and governance databases (Blueprint).
- Developed a compliance agenda and tracking system that greatly enhanced regulatory and governance compliance.
- Specialized in Proxy preparation, reviews, and Director and Officer Questionnaire processing.
- Conducted SEC, SOX, NYSE and jurisdictional compliance reviews and filings.
- Planned and coordinated annual stockholder meeting activities and administered stockholder proposals. Wrote sections of Chairman's remarks.
- Directed development of Corporate Secretary Procedures Manual and knowledge transfer program.