Commission Receivable Accountant NW Region
Reviewed and reconciled company statements for customer accounts; Coordinated with CSRs and insurance carriers on funding issues/discrepancies. Processed direct billing through download/import functions. Key participant in Completing special projects.
- Proactively reviewed and reconciled company statements for customer accounts, partnering with customer service representative on funding issues and any noted discrepancies.
- Posted customer cash receipts, downloading scanned images from the bank and entering hundreds of client checks into the operating system on a daily basis.
- Deposited checks received locally via the Remote Deposit Service (RDS).
- Ensure payments are posted to the correct open invoices and notify team members of any discrepancies.
- Maintain responsibility for downloading agency commission data from various insurance company systems into the internal Hub operating system, resolving and investigating any discrepancies. Successfully resulted in 50%+ of all commission receivable postings for the Northwest Region.
- Manage month-end accounting close, including journal entries, account reconciliation, and activity analysis.
- Cultivate rapport with insurance carriers and ensure consistent communication regarding reconciliations and payment issues as necessary.