Real Estate Accountant
One of the largest nonprofit development corporations in the United States, The Community Builders Inc. has a 49 year history of planning, financing, developing and operating high quality affordable housing. TCB has 320 projects and 25,000 housing units completed in 15 states; 420,000 square feet of commercial/retail space developed, and manages 9,000 units at over 100 properties in 14 states.
- Review and prepare monthly financial statements and reporting for multifamily and commercial properties, on an accrual and cash basis.
- Prepare interim and year-end audit work papers
- Review and approve invoices
- Perform full cycle accounting transactions through the General Ledger
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepares budgets and re-forecasting
- Intercompany journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepares tax, insurance and replacement reserve requests
- Maintains escrow balances, including tax, insurance and replacement reserves.