National Account Manager
Progressive Sales Management experience over 18 years career starting as an entry level Sales Representative to a National Account Sales Manager. Responsible for a Sales Budget of $35M and lead a cross functional team working with national retailers that included Best Buy, True-Value, Musicland, Menards, Pamida, United Hardware, Shopko, Distribution America, Pro-Group, Val-Test and Reliable Hardware.
- Utilized consumer insights to developed strategic business plan for Best Buy. Results: Increased sales from $5.3M to $19M and increased profit margins by 2.5% while growing Energizer market share from 29% to 46%.
- Negotiated and implemented the first national convenience store Buying Group program. Results: Achieved first year sales of $4.3M along with directing ten Account Managers.
- Negotiated annual business plans with four hardware buying groups. Results: Team leader working with fifteen Account Managers that achieved sales increase of $1.0M.
- Managed a seven-person cross-functional Key Account Team with responsibility for Best Buy, Musicland, Shopko, True-Value and four hardware-buying groups.
- Hired, coached and motivated five internal sales representatives to achieve team sales objectives and goals.
- Secured new Energizer program distribution with Menards - 100% competitive account. Results: Generated over $2.0M in incremental sales.
- Produced the largest sales volume increase by an Area Manager in 1995 and 1997.