Mutual Fund Accountant
Responsible for cash reporting, Ad-hoc reporting, Account reconciliation, trade execution, posting 12b1 expenses, generating trial balances, and ensuring net asset valuations were updated and accurate by end of trading day for a specific set of client funds.
- Processed, troubleshoot, and reconciled processes, including trades, corporate actions, cash expenses, derivatives, corporate actions, redemptions, and reimbursements across multiple accounting and custody platforms.
- Prepared reports, researched data and performed a wide array of accounting transactions for mutual funds containing domestic and foreign equities, fixed income, and derivatives securities.
- Participated on an oversight team, reviewing monthly fund accounting postings to ensure accuracy with trial balances and general ledgers. Summarized audit findings and presented them to senior management.
- Served on a successful conversion team integrating several high profile clients onto State Street Banks's Fund Accounting and Custody platforms. Provided leadership and business expertise to team members for Wells Fargo and the legacy Investors Bank and Trust clients serviced by the Boston, MA and Sacramento, CA office.
- Generated and/or reviewed standard reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually for clients, auditors, and bank management. Ensured compliance with internal and client processes.