Internal Auditor II
Promoted to advanced auditor position to become an autonomous auditor that independently identified and assessed risks for new audits, authored audit programs, reviewed and updated work papers, performed process improvement reviews, tested procedures and controls, reported findings and made appropriate recommendations for enterprise change. Carried-out audits of six different subsidiaries, each with unique reporting and regulatory requirements. Assure corporate assets are safeguarded from loss, theft, or misuse.
- Lead, plan, and perform financial and operational audits.
- Initiated follow-up efforts to assure compliance with enterprise-wide strategic risks
- Lead fraud investigation audit which lead to the successful prosecution and recovery of over $70,000
- Recommended the dissolution of an unprofitable subsidiary Company that resulted in $100,000 or more in annual savings (recommendation adopted by senior management)
- Managed, coordinated, and facilitated each assigned audit
- Recommended change in procedure that resulted in a 70% reduction in Company bad-debt ratio in a major business unit
- Provided consulting services (resident expert) for corporate research project to assure compliance with Federal and State regulators (GLBA & OFIR) for the development of a Comprehensive Written Information Security Program (CWISP)