Senior Accounting Analyst
Prepared monthly operating results, as well as the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement schedules for utilization by senior management and external clients including the SEC. Oversaw all aspects of the daily cash transactions, general ledger entries, and month end close activities including expense accruals, posting of journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Developed a new cash process that reduced the overnight deposit cushion from $30 million to $5 million, which subsequently brought in returns in excess of $1 million in 2012.
- Implemented stronger internal controls to manage the holding company’s daily cash deposit of over $5 billion into the Federal Reserve.
- Provided narrative comments for various financial packages to attain financial statement sign-offs as part of SOX compliance.
- Served as a key member on a team that streamlined reconciliation procedures for over 3,000 accounts.
- Created and developed procedures for wire transfers of foreign dividends paid to employees, which reduced time and improved accuracy and efficiency in AR analytics
- Analyzed accounting business processes and performed ad-hoc analysis that aided strategic planning by increasing cost saving and reducing inefficient tasks.