Director of Education and Programming, Youth Director
Directed and administered all aspects of Religious and Hebrew School, including staff supervision, curriculum, budget, marketing, and programming.
- Trained and evaluated staff of 16+.
- Created and implemented family education programming and curriculum for ages 5 to 18, including the implementation of a new high school program.
- Created community holiday celebrations together with lay committees.
- Created and implemented interfaith and outreach programming.
- Worked with synagogue board and lay leaders, including education, ritual and social action committees to ensure successful educational programming.
- Led Tot Shabbat Services together with the Cantor.
at this job
Directed and facilitated junior and senior high youth program (6th - 12th grade)
- Administered a yearly, youth Sunday service including preparing students to speak, planning and writing skits, leading congregational singing, and speaking
- Organized and planned retreats for our own Church and others
- Developed and maintained the youth budget
- Constructed and sustained the church website and newsletter
- Prepared, scheduled, and managed fundraisers
- Volunteered countless extra hours to advance programs and relationships
- Created and installed a youth internship problem
- Brought in and managed many volunteers to further grown of our ministry
- Provided programming, staffing, and equipment for children Kindergarten through eighth grade
- Directed township soccer program in accordance with regional soccer association, ages two to eighteen
- Oversaw and staffed ten before and after school programs at local elementary schools
- Ran, planned, and executed three summer day camps, including field trips
Promoted internally to the position of Youth Director due to the demonstration of quality work ethic and longevity with company
- Facilitated a growth in revenue of greater than 30% with youth attendance within the first 24 months of hire
- Manage 19 directly reporting staff in camps and clinics made up of up to 100+ children
- Mentor young players in the explanation of game rules
- Market and plan the semi-annual Kid's Fest Event, involving local business sponsorship
- Schedules and orchestrates private events to be tailor-made to the clients' expectations
- Assists other departments in the development of member retention and growth
Youth Director Assistant
Answering phones, screening and directing calls, taking and delivering messages.
- Received, generated and sending correspondence (i.e. email, letter, postcard, phone, and fax) for Youth Ministry Director.
- Maintained hard and electronic copies of youth ministry policies, procedures, expenditures and directories. Incorporated changes as needed.
- Planned and coordinated recurring and special events by designing and generating in house and community publicity (i.e. bulletin boards, flyers, special brochures, registration forms, postcards, online invitations, public service announcements, etc.).
- Organized and maintained Youth Director's office, Children's Church Ministry, and Youth Ministry facilities.
- Served as Vice Principal of Administration during the church's Summer Reading Camp. Performed clerical duties, coordinated meals, and ensured the camp was in compliance with Health Department regulations.
at this job
Assistant Youth Director
- Organized and led youth events including a community missions trip through the Baltimore County Christian Work Camp.
- Organized and led a weekly Bible study
- Acted as a positive role model for the youth in the group through volunteer work and excellent character.
- Helped plan and organize Vacation Bible Camp as well as supervised the event to make sure it ran smoothly.
- Managed registration and other paperwork for Vacation Bible Camp.
Youth Director (personal/community)
Serve as the sole representative to the community on behalf of the organization for the youth program.
- Constructs, articulates, and implements annual development plan for youth program.
- Establish strategies to oversee develop and implement relationships with community, corporate, foundation and other organizations.
- Create and programs for funding sources, soliciting funding through fundraising and donation opportunities.
- Have expanded working relationships with the community through volunteer opportunities with the United Way of San Antonio.
- Established a mentor development team for youth.
- Use strong organizational and communication skills to represent and market the youth program to higher leadership and the community.
- Expanded the youth program from 15 to over 50 youth with limited funding and lots of creativity.
- Exude high passion for mission, care for people and customer focus.
- Create and lead activities for youth and teens at statewide events
- Train and manage local youth coordinators
- Create curriculum, file reports, manage budget, and other administrative duties
- Plan and coordinate events for officers, youth and teens.
- Create and edit local and statewide handbooks and youth policies
- Maintain Minister of Children website at http://children.ansteorra.org
Lead, develop, and write youth material for Sunday and Wednesday night services
- Implement new ideas for youth activities
- Preach when senior pastor is not available
- Minister and counsel youth as needed
- Attend and have presence at local schools and extracurricular activities
Incorporate YMCA Core Character Values in all aspects of YMCA functions.
- Directly supervise and manage mid-level supervisory staff.
- Supervision and management of all Youth Staff
- Responsible for hiring and firing of youth employees.
- Supervise and promote youth and family special events.
- Plan and implement programs with direct responsibility for scheduling of staff and activities such as Parent's Night Out, No School Fun Days, and all other programs that may be developed.
- Collaborate with local agencies, schools and organizations to enhance programming.
- Responsible for development and implementation of budget for entire department.
- Documenting staff work hours in payroll system and minor Human Resource duties
- Work in coordination with other entities for food service programming