Responsible for shipping, receiving, inventory and transportation operations while directing warehousing activities for 70 team members including 11 drivers. Established operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current. Support all human resources processes at the facility such as staffing all positions, support the performance management process, training and development of team members.
- Managed an 18% reduction in labor cost by identifying the root cause
- Implemented daily safety discussions and monthly safety committee meetings resulting in a 60% reduction of TRC injuries
- Achieved and maintained a 99.95% level of service ensuring customer satisfaction
- Initiated strategic transportation route planning and equipment maintenance increasing outbound revenue and ROI
at this job
- Operations Manager for the Distribution Center, provide direct leadership to a headcount of over 56 employees and work closely with different business units while overseeing daily activities to ensure business operate in a efficient manner.
- Participated in various continues improvement projects and business consolidations, helped deploy Distribution Centers in Houston and OH.
- Accomplished a cost per line reduction within the first 6 months of overseeing and managing the distribution center.
- Achieved an inventory record accuracy of 95% or higher by implementing a more robust cycle counting process.
- Work closely with replenishment planners to ensure safety stock levels are maintained and our goal of 92% OTTR is meet day to day.
at this job
Logistics and Warehouse Manager
Oversaw warehouse and office team operations. Directed work processes and all daily warehouse operations. Managed order processing and inventory control strategies, implementing improvements to environment and systems. Trained, mentored, and oversaw teams to increase productivity. Led the development of manuals, reports, and other operational correspondence. Coordinated deliveries, and shipping, with (LTL) less than truckload and truckload carriers establishing routing information and delivery times. Tracked and schedule deliveries of all inbound containers. Developed shipment quotes for sales reps and clients.
- Doubled order processing, improved EDI processing, reduced costs by restructuring warehouse design.
- Lowered carrier costs by reviewing existing contracts and bringing in new carriers.
- Improved proper steps and procedures for customer routing instructions to deceased the charge backs to it lowest.
- Moved over 6,000 pallets from 2 locations into one within 5 days, warehouse operational on the fifth day.
- Improved productivity by purchasing new storage racks and equipment.
- Spearheaded coordination of highly complex projects to ensure on-time/under-budget delivery, including working with customer to create plans.
- Increased communication effectiveness among customers, vendors, brokers, and 3PL warehouse.
at this job
Managed 6 supervisors and 56 warehouse associates in 6 different distribution warehouses. Responsible for capital and expense budget, hiring and firing, creating and refining processes, succession planning, KPIs, replenishment, and managing change
- Implemented tech replenishment process based on equipment usage reducing required capital asset inventory by 50%
- Consolidated Business Class inventory into central warehouse in Columbus reducing number of required warehouses from 5 to 1 for the market.
- Helped with the integration of systems and processes during 3 acquisitions which included mapping material and equipment into one system (PeopleSoft) and reducing number of warehouses by 4.
- Market Warehouse lead for Easy Connect program that reduces costs and the number of truck rolls for installing equipment. Currently 70% of self- installs is handled through this program.
- Warehouse lead for tech truck material audits done in 5 divisions for the market, which allowed for analysis to ensure tech trucks are not overstocked with good and or obsolete materials.
- Reduced number of lost serialized equipment reconciled monthly by increasing QC and process improvements in turn giving a score of 99.1% level of accuracy
- Reduced inventory on hand from $2.6 million to $1.7 million which also increased turns from 3.6 to 5 turns.
- Worked on project teams that included warehouse consolidation after corporate acquisitions that worked toward collapsing 5 warehouses into 2, integrating a staff of 12 with 34, then reducing staff across the division by 23 employees
- Integrated systems, processes, and material, due to acquisitions in order to standardize and align with the enterprise.
at this job
Assistant Warehouse Manager
Manage 19+ employees in Inventory Control, Receiving, Material Movement, and Stocking departments for a 50,000 sq ft warehouse and distribution center. Facilitator-Lead for Lean Manufacturing training and projects within the facility. Utilize Six-Sigma initiatives in business process analysis and improvements by monitoring team's performances, analyzing inventory levels and overseeing the standardization of processes across the PDC to reduce waste and increase production.
- Increased productivity by 30%, while reducing the material flow rate from 24 hours to same day reflecting an increase to customer service. Meeting and exceeding customer's requirements and expectations.
- Generate KPI reports for $4.5M of inventory, which include Daily Production, Sales/Packing/Receiving per hour, Daily Cycle Numbers, Safety Observations, etc.
- Developed a location audit program to identify, correct, and improve material location accuracy from 73% accuracy to 98% accuracy.
- Key Player in implementing HOS (Honeywell Operations System), a proprietary Six Sigma program that increases productivity and efficiency, while decreasing waste and cycle time.
- Warehouse/Distribution Center Ambassador for giving key personnel a tour of the facility from freight drop to shipping.
at this job
- Improved picking and shipping quality significantly by tracking and following up on every error made. Shipping error was reduced from 5 to 6 per week to 0 or 1 per week in the first 3 months on the job. In 6-sigma's terminology, it's from 725 PPM to 94 PPM.
- Improved order flow from picking, staging to loading to trucks in a constant flow manner. Getting orders out of warehouse throughout the entire shift, rather than rush at the last hour of the day. Improved to 99.5% on-time shipping.
- Improve cycle count activities and corrected some bad habits from floor operators. Inventory accuracy is improved from mid 90% to 98% and is still improving.
- Gathered data and established productivity standards from putaway, replenishment, picking, and shipping.
- Discover and develop new associates to become reliable performers both in productivity and quality of works.
- Improved warehouse KPI's to top tier among all [company name] warehouses.
- Improved attendance, housekeeping and general disciplines of the entire warehouse.
- Coached and improved supervisors' management skills to oversee daily and weekly operations, coaching them on planning, quality, resource utilization, and individual performances.
at this job
Arranged and coordinated incoming orders in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Italy, South Korea and Dominican Republic.
- Managed logistics of multiple shipments and deliveries within extreme time constraints.
- Negotiated freight carrier contracts to reduce shipping cost.
- Implementation of 5s organization method.
- Fluent in UPS Worldship, FED-EX Ship Manager, MS Dynamics Navision ERP system, Prophet 21 ERP system, MS Excel, MS Word, Filemaker, and Corevu.
- Responsible for quoting and purchasing of all warehouse supplies and equipment repair.
- Coordinated audited inventories with great success.
at this job
Regional Distribution Center Manager/ Satellite Warehouse Manager
Satellite Warehouse Manager
- Reconciled inventory, monthly.
- Managed, supervised and trained 3 supervisors and 6 warehouse workers. Scheduled all staff shifts.
- Interviewed, hired, trained and dismissed personnel; performed evaluations and facilitated salary increases and promotions; Reprimanded by enforcing policy as necessary.
- Operated 50,000 square foot warehouse.
- Administered logistics of multiple shipments and deliveries within extreme time constraints.
- Coordinated customer pickups at Nashua Warehouse.
- Supervised inventory control in the satellite warehouse.
- Achieved zero deviations multiple times.
- Scheduled store transfers and home service calls originating from the warehouse.
- Monitored and reported on Paul's exchange program nationwide, resulting in reduced product replacement costs.
at this job
Warehouse Manager / Marketing Consultant
- Improved productivity by reorganizing and streamlining warehouse operations.
- Reviewed previous products and purged inventory.
- Established new inventory guidelines and trained staff.
- Implemented inventory tracking for all marketing materials and place orders, as needed.
- Assist Marketing Manager in meeting deadlines, to include printing, binding and spiraling large. documents needed for the Account Executives.
- Manage all UPS shipping and Pitney Bowes mailings.
at this job
Oversee all logistical operations for the company's warehouse, including shipping/receiving, collecting/packing, truckload planning,
employee scheduling, dispatching and accurate recordkeeping for nine direct reports. Utilize expertise in budgeting, cost controls,
safety compliance, report generation and quality assurance. Additionally, developed product placement diagram for all incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise shipping/receiving dock staging areas, provide quality control on high profile time-sensitive deliveries and run daily pull
- Recruit, hire and orient warehouse staff, mentor new hires through out the 90-day orientation period.
- Evaluate and document employee performances, conduct all yearly performance appraisals, recommend salary changes; and set
- Conduct daily team meeting to provide updates on delivery changes to various stores to accommodate time-sensitive
- Prepare and supply company vehicles and trucks for events and sponsorships.
at this job