Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Led sales, marketing, service and budget for $90,000,000 microscope and sample preparation business into life science markets of research, clinical, and nanotechnology. Led nine direct reports with a team of 90 associates. Created vision and implemented new go-to-market strategies to address evolving product and market changes as well as integration of acquisition while managing costs.
- Created new sliding price plan for key product category, resulting in incremental sales of $2,000,000.
- Increased top-line sales volume from 2007 through 2012 by 27% in core market.
- Built start-up digital pathology channel, growing revenues by 1,000% and gaining 15% share gain within two years.
- Integrated new acquisition into company channel, resulting in share gain of 20 points within two years.
- Devised and implemented strategic plan, resulting in 3% point market share gain over three years in stagnant market.
- Ensured growth of employee survey satisfaction results from 2009 through 2011.
at this job
Recruited by CEO to create business development strategies and revise marketing efforts for a diverse
product line of litigation offerings.
- Managed and motivated diverse sales team, including annual revenue exceeding $9 million in 2011.
- Utilized consultative sales and bundling approach to develop solutions to meet unique customer needs.
- Generated 30% growth in 2012 over previous years of negative growth through sales strategy design.
- Implemented best practices for sales team still in use today.
- Developed compensation and incentive programs to improve employee satisfaction and motivate team.
at this job
Managed regional budget and performed advisory role for overall budget activities. Led team projects, counseled employees, recruited/trained volunteer staff, and created policies and procedures based on formal assessment for organizational change. Authored annual business plan and negotiated annual vendor contracts.
- Secured over 5 million dollars in revenue via Congressional lobbying
- Developed budget and decreased expenses by 10%, using management accountability plan to oversee finances.
- Initiated fundraisers such as a golf tournament that raised $50,000, a dinner keynoted by a popular football coach that raised $250,000, and a silent auction that raised $15,000, increasing revenue by 30%.
- Led organization through self-assessment (SWOT analysis), which produced the following results: held employees accountable, established a policy manual which protected organization against law suits, and initiated the first management scorecard programs.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that resulted in savings of $100,000.
- Managed budget of $5M and staff of 30 employees across headquarters and 15 satellite offices.
- Developed local County Government relationships in order to bring the issue of fatherhood to the forefront
at this job
Vice President -manager Operations
Designed and coordinated with system team and vendors to build proprietary system to consume data and feed into accounting/portfolios system. Led to cost savings of 9 FTEs and eliminated all input errors, while reducing time to PMs by several hours.
- Designed and coordinated with system team to build the RIP (Risk in Process) tool used as a repository for reporting, tracking and resolving items of risk. Resulting in 60% reduction in errors.
- Designed and coordinated with development team to build "Rules Engine". A tool to allow identification and display of key information to management across the firm.
- Managed team of 20 in global cash and foreign exchange group
- Integrated London and Sydney global offices.
- Managed Custodian bank and outsource vendors
- Developed utilities needed to automate, control and validate cash management entry points. Led to reduction in errors from 20% down to less than 1%, and Error payment from 500K to 20K in first year.
at this job
Accountable for oversight of 3 global programs - Data Centralization, Business Intelligence, New Vendor Products launch - for cross Ops (5000+ users); managed 5 direct reports, 10 virtual team members, and 5 - 7 tech resources
- Lead requirements gathering, technology architecture, program roadmaps, and managed monthly budgets ($1.5MM - $6MM)
- Drafted in depth marketing plans to road show the benefits of the programs to key Ops stakeholders; developed training strategies to build required skill sets in the Ops division for successful adoption of the new solutions
- Instrumental in creating a standard operational frameworks and governance structures
- Partnered with Technology as a trusted advisor to identify inefficiencies in Operations and document critical project needs; e.g., need for Business Intelligence - Analytics
at this job
Vice President Operations & Administration
Overall General Manager responsibilities for warehouse and trucking companies, as well as direction of Sales and Retention efforts. Additionally, advancement of all IT hardware and software and development of technology for tracking/tracing, invoicing, EDI, and all other IT functions. Responsible for creation and maintenance of all warehouse Rate Schedules and Trucking Tariffs.
- Managed Warehouse Supervisor Staff of fourteen (14) Managers and twelve (12) CSR's
- Responsible for productivity of over one hundred (100) union warehousemen
- Led sales effort resulting in warehouse growth of over 1,250,000 sq. ft. and $50M yearly
- Selected and implemented WMS including all warehouse and financial functions
- Developed and maintained National LTL Pool Distribution Program with over $15M in revenue
at this job