Sr. Site Manager/regional Transition Manager
Responsible for managing the Facilities Dept. on a 1.6M. Sq. Campus Style Pharmaceutical Complex with full accountability for Hard Services, Pharma Services, Soft Services and Security. Responsible to ensure 24/7 operations for the site, including a Tier 1, Class A, 6 megawatt Global Data Center, a Biologics Clinical Manufacturing Pilot Plant and 104K Sq. Vivarium. Managed site budget of $23M.
- Reduced site budget to $17M through innovative ideas.
- Reduced contract costs through of increased internal performance.
- Identified and expedited solutions for energy cost savings.
- Through enforced compliance of operations personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and state/governmental regulations was able to maintain an OSHA rating of 0.0 (no recordables or lost time injuries) for the last 5 years including last position.
- Managed GXP Quality Services and Records.
- Recommended capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment which would increase efficiency and services of operations department.
at this job
Voluntarily left Federal project to help in the turnaround and sale of a large-scale, family-owned gas station, car wash, and convenience store with 16 pumps and 8 cashiers. Successfully increased sales volume, reduced operating costs, and positioned business for profitable divestiture. Directed all daily operations, 24/7, including supervising up to 22 employees, managing inventory, retail sales, and gas pricing, performing basic accounting, and controlling costs by monitoring sales and cash reports. Maintained collaborative relationships with vendors, banks, prospective buyers, and Sunoco corporate representatives.
- Took over management after rebuilding of larger station with new technology and equipment. Trained staff, performed troubleshooting of startup issues, and implemented sophisticated inventory-management software.
- Increased revenues 45% in first eight months by rapidly reclaiming and growing client base, negotiating vendor terms and profit margins, and initiating income-generating programs, such as lottery and beer sales.
- Elevated carwash sales 25% by creating special discounts and designing a client loyalty program.
- Performed community outreach through involvement in neighborhood school and sports team fundraising campaigns and participation in police-sponsored town halls.
- Joined the Washington, Maryland, Delaware Service Station and Automotive Repair Association (WMDA) to better understand legislative impacts to the business; actively took part in lobbying efforts.
at this job
Transition Manager, Transition and Transformation Project Management Services
Led project team resources on small and medium sized-engagements or a segment of a large client engagement
- Developed, implemented, and managed comprehensive project plan and insured completion of milestones within the triple constraints of time, cost and scope
- Managed project issue log and risk plan with increased focus on cost, schedule, scope, business and technical risk
- Interfaced directly with customer's management staff
at this job
Transition Manager/minority Owner
Assessed all restaurant facets to restore/increase profitability and prominence.
- Created attractive promotions and aggressive online presence to increase visibility and traffic.
- Set goal of 30% increase in revenue within year 1 of managing the restaurant, yet exceeded that goal within 5 months, compared to 2012 and 2013 revenues between May and September.
- Underwent thorough staff, menu, and vendor assessment, followed by strategic planning to maximize customer service, food quality, and inventory control.
- Complete overhaul of the beverage sales and inventory, leading to over 100% increase in sales over the same time period compared to the two previous years.
- Facilitated ownership change by clarifying roles for each owner, including myself as a new minority owner.
at this job
Transition Manager Large Market Wells Fargo and Wystar Global
Directed staff of 23 supporting large market retirement plan transitions (plans >$100 million in assets) and transition group for outsource partners. Managed large market transition group converting 80-100 plans per year. Administration and oversight for outsource business segment WySTAR Global Solutions
- Directed testing initiative and created on boarding process for newly developed Health Savings Account product with external vendor Canopy resulting in the successful launch of new HSA services
- Presented product solutions, new business and migration processes to prospective clients and Sr. Management Project Office contributing to marketing and sales efforts. Including innovative way to handle large employer account for Stanley Black and Decker and ESOP Dividend pass through process for CenturyLink/Qwest.
- Reviewed and participated in system development process to ensure cost effective and universal use of system enhancements.
- Realized cost savings through recommendations of plan rule parameters not plan specific rules.
at this job
Process Improvement and Transition Manager
- Led improvements in college rankings participation process that resulted in reduction of lead time by 90% and employee resources required by 60%
- Sole staff member asked to serve on College-wide Assessment Task Force.
- Created and implemented overarching organizational framework for online content of Executive MBA courses which led to significantly increased student satisfaction
- Guided Operations Team though mapping of all processes supporting program operations for Executive and Professional MBA programs
at this job
Business Management Transition Lead for a $350M outsourcing engagement. Defined the Billing, Vendor Management and Financial roles for the new lifecycle team. Managed the Assignment or Agency of third party vendor contracts. Acted as Transition Team Leader during the absence of the Transition Executive.
- Managed the Program Management and Architecture team for a $500M Bank One outsourcing engagement. Provided project management, technical writing, administrative services and technology support. Responsible for managing all Transition Team deliverables to the client and LCM Team. Worked with the Transition Executive to develop the Governance Model for LCM Team to use during the engagement.
- Observed and evaluated the Citicorp Network Control Center team to determine which processes and personnel to maintain and which to transform during initial phase of a $300M Outsourcing Agreement.
- Partnered with other team members to develop a patent application for the Outsourcing Transition Process
at this job
Service Transition Manager
Fortune 500 company whose technology portfolio spans printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for the employee experience for support services at Hewlett Packard to include customer care, onsite and web experiences.
- Utilizing Lean Sigma Six tools and practice to drive efficient processes and innovation to deliver world class employee experience
- Responsible for all phases of project segment testing and complete solution, ensuring IT services are developed to enhance the users' experience, add value to the environment and provide a positive end-user experience.
- Evaluate and monitor employee feedback and help desk volume, and respond to users communications to improve overall experience
- Ensure all deployments of IT services are scheduled, communicated and completed to provide a positive end-user experience
at this job
Regional Service Transition Manager
Oversee and manage change, asset, release, capacity, and demand management for a global Fortune 500 organization based in North America. Serve as one of two North American global senior managers, charged with designing and training all personnel on global processes and procedures.
- Optimized service delivery by incorporating ITIL processes across production and support functions, realizing cost reductions through the outsource of management positions and an overall headcount reduction.
- Partnered with a 30-member multinational team in designing and deploying global change, asset, incident, and problem management processes, resulting in standardization of processes for the IT departments across the company, shared knowledge and resources and consolidation of IT Service Management tools from 5 tools to 1 tool.
- Defined change implementation time frames for server patches, maintaining seamless business operations and minimizing downtime.
- Partnered with executive leadership to identify and define IM objectives and initiatives, including enhancements to the global IT Service Management tool and 100% adoption of IT Service Management tool by all G11 countries.
- Mitigated risk by defining processes and procedures to ensure audit and internal compliance with all guidelines.
- Developed and delivered all training and documentation, supporting the deployment of a new global service management tool, Services Now.
- Reduced unplanned downtime and improved incident resolution time 12% by updating and maintaining company assets in CMDB, including all critical relationships between configuration items, enabling improved insight into the environment during and for scheduling languages.
at this job
Project Manager/transition Manager-ipt Lead
Serve as liaison between GDIT engineers and the St. Elizabeth customers with consistent coordination with GDIT IPT leads, Government POC's and DHS tenants (USCG).
- Gathered voice and data requirements for over 3800 USCG employees relocating to the ST. Elizabeth Campus.
- Developed strategies and techniques to determine the many complex areas that have to be addressed to support the ST. Elizabeth's campus occupants' critical mission(s).
- Wrote the statement of work for decertification and recertification of IT equipment.
- Update and sync move schedules for DHS program office/GDIT program management.
- Present weekly move status updates to DHS program office and the USCG.
at this job