Lead design and implementation of major data governance projects such as the data governance framework and the Sharepoint business intelligence executive portal. Ensure business functionality by consolidating key performance-based metrics and dimensions. Communicate with cross-divisional personnel at both team and executive levels to understand performance measurement methodologies. Direct team members in compiling business requirements and executing project milestones.
- Led the creation of an on-demand inventory reporting application for senior executives and the analyst community. This is the first time inventory data from disparate sources has been brought together into one platform.
- Launched a company-first data governance framework, resulting in greater integrity and accuracy across enterprise-wide data management and reporting.
- Conceptualized, designed and deployed a Sharepoint business intelligence executive portal, which enabled visibility for mission-critical metrics and was recognized by the CIO as the best MIS in 30 years.
- Reduced reporting time for metrics from days / weeks to minutes via the Sharepoint implementation.
- Created dashboards which allowed executives access to on-demand analytics.
at this job
Lead Technical Architect for all 3 phases of full-cycle Offsystem Billing project, as well as their Steam system upgrade project to move client from Windows-based CC&B 2.0.5 servers to Red Hat Enterprise Linux-based servers running CC&B 2.3.1 and Oracle Utilities Web Self Service
- Designed and maintained all production and development environments, greatly improving application uptime for all systems
- Moved failing reporting system to Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, drastically improving overall reliability and uptime
- Automated all batch processing for client's production CC&B environments, making their operations self-contained and easy to manage. This includes automated maintenance operations, log parsing, and job success/failure email notifications for all automation events
- Integrated Active Directory single sign-on capabilities for all CC&B environments and Crystal Reports servers
- Created menu-based batch submission capabilities for client's production CC&B environments, allowing users typically unfamiliar with backend batch submission to easily manage their work
- Wrote documentation covering all technical requirements and procedures for client's CC&B systems. Trained current employees for post go-live management and support
at this job
Integrated 4 regional applications into one web-based ColdFusion application. Allowing service reps to work with diverse data through one interface.
- Worked directly with clients, leveraging my existing architecture for a web-based system.
- Helped clients determine their requirements and find tools best suited to meet their needs.
- Designed and developed web-based application ASP/SQL-Server/NDM for tracking service order error correction. Identified the existing data source static report. Built systems to extract this data and store it in a relational DB. Then give access to it and customized reporting/tracking through a website.
- Assisted and mentored developers including off-shore resources on web and data-driven projects.
- Designed and coded automated service order generators, saving several thousand man-hours and greatly increasing efficiency.
- Designed and built Agent software to assist in writing orders. Improving efficiency and quality.
- Assisted AT&T through SOX audit process with ad-hoc queries and analysis, identified areas where tools could be better utilized or developed to improve audit performance in the future.
at this job
Technical Architect - On-site Support
Primarily responsible for rollover of all laptops and desktop in Spring Grove and York
- Supported all local PC hardware including but not limited to desktops, laptops, displays, printers, projectors and peripherals.
- Provided prompt and courteous service to internal customers. Thoroughly and accurately documented all service calls within the prescribed call tracking mechanism.
- Configured, tested, installed and followed up on all hardware installations.
- Ensured that documented service and operating level agreements were met.
- Updated and complete service requests in Track-it
at this job
Senior Technical Architect/client Team Lead
Delivered and managed technical environments for multiple clients, supporting over 100 physical and virtual machines (VMWare), utilizing various platforms (Windows 2008, Unix, linux) and many different applications (SQL, Citrix 6.0, APACHE, IIS 7, Oracle, Sharepoint 2010), housed in Data Centers around the world for thousands of users
- Created and implemented a Disaster Recovery solution for Hyatt-Opera, one of USI largest clients at the time, in multiple data centers across the USA.
- Managed clients' security and PCI compliance utilizing Checkpoint Firewalls and RSA two-factor authentication.
- Worked with clients to understand their technical needs, made suggestions as to how they could best be implemented and helped plan future projects.
- Managed several teams of Client Support Leads (in the USA and India) and Sales Engineers in communicating to the clients, anticipating their needs and trained them in basic client support tasks and procedure.
- Migrated all users (2000+, internal and external) off of Bluecoats Proxy devices for webfiltering and onto a ScanSafe solution successfully
- Raised all satisfaction survey scores from all clients over the course of one year.
at this job
Lead Principal-technical Architect
Enabled network based firewall service for customers and activated over hundred customers successfully first attempt during Test and Turn-up calls.
- Enabled AT&T's various managed services such as MIS, MARO, MPLS PNT, VPN networks using IPSec, DMVPN on Cisco IOS routers, Cisco 3K, ASA and Nortel VPN router
- Designed and implemented VPN networks with multiple hubs with backup strategies for several global customers
- Earned several appreciative notes from customers on trouble-free implementations and migrations
- Worked started while in IBM Global Services (see below) in Capacity and Performance Management group as a lead technical person making significant contributions
- Received several awards and appreciative notes
at this job
Senior Technical Architect
Lead, designed and developed customer implementations for Blue Martini Web Commerce applications and websites. Organized status reports, tasks and worked with customers to design solutions to meet their needs. I worked with existing customers to increase their web, database and system performance within their production commerce environments and extending functionality in the base product and advanced customizations of customer implementations.
- Acted as senior technical resource for services department and reviewed all technical designs for all commerce &, business intelligence implementations.
- Designed and developed new version of archiving tool that increased performance 10 fold.
- Resolved performance issue for customer that caused site outages every night for 6+ months by identifying inefficient cache settings and code.
- Resolved database performance issues within commerce and business intelligence product by recommending appropriate schema changes.
- Resolved daily intermittent application outages that existed many months by correcting VMware architecture.
- Performed health checks for customers and recommended changes that increased performance and gave customers a better understanding of their environments.
- Designed and developed dynamic search indexer that supported Endeca, SOLR and could be configured for any search product.
- Promoted from Software Engineer to Senior Technical Architect
at this job
Owned the process of implementing single sign-on for the client using third party tool (Centrify Direct Control)
- Gather and document client requirements and translate these into process and system architecture designs. Assist in requirements analysis, design, development, deployment and support.
- Owner and responsible for POC (Proof of Concept) received from different Geographies and providing suitable technical solutions
- Work with the customer and engagement team to understand requirements and architect technical solutions, associated costs and documentation in response to implementing the tool.
- Conducted training classes and KT (Knowledge Transfer) sessions for the support teams.
- Participated in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) and provided solutions collaborating with the vendor.
- Involved in integrating the package in the OS (Operating Systems), OS involved are IBM AIX, Sun Solaris 9 & 10 and RHEL 3 & 4.
at this job
Principal - Technical Architect/project Manager
Designed new technical architecture for $50 million State of Missouri engagement establishing new statewide financial system. Worked closely with all state divisions to ensure buy-in, acceptance, and implementation of plan. Presented architecture to state CFO and CIO for approval and support. Organized and managed daily progress of 50+ programmers in financial system modifications. Trained state personnel in managing new architecture, programs, and changes.
- Delivered $5 million financial system modification project on time and within budget.
- Developed new and robust disaster recovery plan for system.
- Established interface policies and procedures to operate new system in current environment.
at this job
Gathered requirements, designed reliable and scalable web-based strategy execution application.
- Designed and developed MS SQL database.
- Supervised team of developers.
- Provided guideline requirements for hardware and software.
- Established Internet and database security guidelines.
- Managed Source Safe server and tested integrity of the code.
- Programmed database using views, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Designed and developed COM components for use with MS SQL and IIS.
at this job