Operation of small and large machinery
- Grounding and installation of electrical dead in towers
- Installed static poles and antennas
- Hanging of electrical switches and insulators
- Grounding of substation
- Evaluating and following grounding blue prints
- Setting of trim way
at this job
- Communicate, coordinate and perform transmission and distribution switching orders via one line diagrams with the district and system operators.(27 kv,138kv,345kv)
- Perform dialectic system orders including valuing in oil pumping plants and water cooling plants. Start up and shutdown plants as needed. Isolation of pumps, strainers or valves for maintenance and repairs.
- Provided isolation and protection via circuit breakers, disconnects and ground switches following all company procedures, policies and lockout and tagout rules.
- Perform low voltage and high voltage testing. Ex. ammeter clears, tracing current, hi-pots etc.
- 1st responder to trip outs, oil spills and equipment failures. Isolate the hazards and set up safe zone areas.
- Plan, review and issue work permits to various groups performing approved station work, maintenance or repairs.
- Perform state, OSHA and company compliance checks and inspections of station equipment on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Recorded daily pressures, temperatures and levels in station transformers, circuit breakers, oil pumping plants and water cooling plants.
- Monitored and controlled station A/C & D/C light and power, rectifiers, phase angle regulators, relay protection and generators.
at this job
Substation Journeyman/substation Operator
- Completed Kansas Department of Commerce-U.S. Department of Labor, Substation Operator Apprenticeship
- Testing, constructing, and maintaining high voltage equipment.
- Working on crew to safely complete scheduled maintenance, construction and testing operations.
- Understanding and following safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution and transmission system, safety rules, and safety manual.
- Familiar with Synergen computer software program and EMS.
- Interact with industrial customers such as Boeing and Wolf Creek.
- Successfully complete switching operations with TSO and DSO.
at this job