Performed research and financial analysis as a member of a highly selective team during the divestiture process of a $1.4
billion business. Prepared management presentation/offering memorandum, organized data room, and interfaced with lead investment bank during due diligence Q&A period.
- Created CEO communications including Quarterly and Annual Announcements for an audience of ~25,000 employees.
- Relocated to Hong Kong for 6-month assignment. Visited sites in Zhongshan and Shenzhen, China and worked with cross-cultural teams in projects focused on business transition following divestiture completion.
- Conducted market and competitive analysis for different business segments and verticals including forecasting market
- Managed a team that produced adjacent markets analysis, company profiles, and competitive assessments.
at this job
Associate Strategic Planner
Supported the strategic planning team in strategy development for CPG marketing programs.
- Observed shopper behavior in the retail environment to provide recommendations for marketing initiatives.
- Collected and compiled industry trends, case studies, competitor analyses, and potential partnerships for internal and client teams.
- Worked collaboratively with account and creative teams to guide development for client growth.
- Organized and led monthly creativity workshops for colleagues to stimulate inspiration.
- Pulled and analyzed data from Nielsen Spectra, Nielsen Homescan, and 3M Eye Tracking technology.
- Accounts: Starbucks, McCormick, Clorox, Boulder Brands, Microsoft, Georgia Pacific, Juicy Juice, and New Business clients.
at this job
Strategic Planner/grant Writer
Managed all aspects of the permanent supportive housing initiatives, facilitated internal projects and secured additional funding. Responsible for grant administration, including HUD 811, OHCD, CDBGs, etc.
- Developed new agency website, logo and annual appeal process. (WordPress)
- Increased appeal profit by $30,000 making it the most profitable appeal to date.
- Successfully acquired over $275,000 in grant monies in six months.
- Represented agency to businesses, local government officials and state agencies as requested.
- Researched other successful associations to determine best practices. Reviewed and assessed the viability of the organizational structure.
- Crafted and presented proposals for the agency including implementation timeline and resources required.
- Managed databases, researched, developed and implemented effective updates and utilization strategies.
- Served as the main point of contact for all emergency shelter renovations.
at this job
Project Manager/strategic Planner
Reported directly to the CEO and Managing Director of an association for top performers in the financial planning and insurance industry. Plan, manage, and staff events and special projects related to market research, reorganization, funding, and foundation budgets. Develop products and services for members based on market studies and qualitative/quantitative data. Evaluate existing organization models to make the work environment flexible and productive. Identify employees who need training
- Organized a phone-a-thon that exceeded goals for funds raised from members ($100,000) and total funds raised ($400,000).
- Tracked and managed a $3 million foundation budget.
- Hosted a booth events at the annual meeting.
Senior Strategic Planner and Policy Analyst
Senior strategic plans and policy analyst for Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA), Deputy Chief of Staff, G-3/5/7, Analysis Division, Army Asymmetric Warfare Office (AAWO). Designs, coordinates, and evaluates solutions for Army asymmetric warfare (AW) concepts, policies, and priorities. Prepares options and develops recommendations to Director of Operations, Readiness and Mobilization, DAMO-OD. Maintains visibility of the strategic environment at the Army, Joint, and OSD levels; applies subject matter expertise on strategic issues with respect to AW; ensures AW is captured in Army strategic documents, including the Army Strategy and Army Campaign Plan. Provides specialized expertise to plan, and coordinate, and assist in the execution of strategic decisions regarding AW policy throughout the Army.
- Coordinated and synchronized Army AW efforts with the Army Staff and subordinate organizations, including requirements for equipment acquisition, force structure, doctrine, leader development, and training.
- Principle author of the 2009 Army Asymmetric Warfare Concepts and Vision (white paper).
- Developed an Army CIED Strategy that ensures the Army is prepared for future, post Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, IED threats.
- Lead analyst for the assessment and review of the US Army's "2010 Counter Improvised Explosive Devise (CIED) Strategy".
- Lead analyst for the development and creation of the Department of the Army CIED Synchronization Integrated Process Team (IPT).
at this job
Provided a broad range of in-depth studies / qualitative analyses for key accounts, including Expedia, Amazon Kindle, Lexmark Printer, Minute Maid, Simply Orange and Odwalla. Assisted on numerous new business pitches.
- Analyzed industries and segments to create thorough situational and SWOT analysis, providing internal teams and clients with a more comprehensive grasp of the competitive and cultural landscape.
- Repositioned Minute Maid and Simply Orange, including new packaging. Helped grow market share of Simply Orange 2.3% (11.4% in sales) and Minute Maid .6%, despite a %4.2 drop in the overall segment.
- Engaged college age kids to make Odwalla more relevant and desirable to their demographic.
- Helped launch Lexmark's new Genesis printer. As well did product innovation for Coca-Cola/Minute Maid.
- Developed key report on the recession and its affects on consumers. Managed qualitative and secondary research.
at this job
Leading U.S. marketing services agency specializing in retail promotions - acquired by Schawk in 2005
- Built, led and grew agency's first creative and brand strategy team delivering thought leadership and market insights to a growing and diverse portfolio of retail clients
- Pitched and won first seven clients, including Sears, Home Depot, Ulta Cosmetics, Kellogg's and Office Max, growing revenues exponentially in the first year - success positioned firm as an attractive acquisition prospect for Schawk
- Researched and wrote "The Coolest Dad", a compelling white paper showcasing trends among today's fathers, presented to over 500 attendees at the 2005 Retail Marketing Institute annual conference
- Created and launched a successful multimedia brand campaign for Wahl leveraging insights on attitudes and behaviors of a redefined home hair care consumer market - successfully raised brand awareness by 25% and sales by 50%
- Thoroughly researched and redefined lifestyle groups for The Great Indoors recommending customer segmentation, private label and in-store strategies to elevate the brand and improve the retail consumer experience
at this job
Led long-range planning for $1 billion/year satellite program.
- Developed alternative space and ground architectures to meet budget reduction demands that went as high as $500M/year in impacts.
- Organized and led multiple overlapping year-long technical and cost analysis efforts to develop life cycle cost estimates, identify cost drivers, and define trades to reduce costs.
- Supported critical decisions resulting in realigned budgets to meet stakeholder needs.
at this job
Finance Manger and Strategic Planner
Responsible for the company's day to day operations, including revenue and sales growth
- Establish monthly performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies and responsibilities for senior management
- Drive marketing campaign with the use of social media in order to align strategic business decisions with cost savings initiatives
- Successfully executed digital-business strategies, including social media outlets and websites, that led to an average increase of 50% in sales revenue
- Led team of 10 people to establish a list of over 100 clientele through market segmentation
at this job
Strategic Planner, Graduate Resident
- Conducted brand research and developed strategy for 7 accounts; presented over 10 briefings to senior staff.
- Partnered with Consumer Insight department to design and field two wide-scale surveys focused on women and generational marketing-related preferences; distilled implications and opportunities for brands in the DFCB portfolio.
- Analyzed existing “pride movements” to identify how brands can leverage pride to establish loyalty among consumers.
- Investigated the relationship between mobile technology, consumer behavior and the retail landscape –brick & mortar and digital retail—to apply key findings to current Kmart mobile efforts.
- Participated in first ever strategic planning intern “collabetition,” receiving a rating of "outstanding" on final evaluation.
at this job