Lead SQL Dba/technical Consultant
Responsible for all database installations & configuration for implementation of Great Plains Dynamics
- Successfully led team of DBA's in the deployment of client rollouts. Performed system upgrades, data conversions, and prepared file layouts & field mapping requirements.
- Trained clients and DBA's on Dynamics & MS SQL Server administration.
- Standardized template and documentation to increase efficiency of technical deployments.
- Achieved a high-level of competency in client interaction & core database technology.
- Top producer of billable client hours, thus bringing in significant revenue.
at this job
Provide SQL SERVER database administration and server administration for MSSQL 2000 and 2005.
- Implemented infrastructure to support over 80 database servers consisting of more than 800 databases.
- Integrated business solutions and application software packages for client.
- Coded SQL queries and DTS packages to interface with DB2, Oracle, and Informix databases.
- Defined the business purposes and definitions of the data managed.
- Developed standards to measure the quality and adequateness of the data for the business objectives.
- Implemented SQL Server 2005 and provided knowledge transfer to new full time staff DBA's.
at this job
Jr. Data Warehouse/sql DBA
Query writer with a focus on UI report creation and implementation in development/test/production environments. Accountable for multifaceted UI and local report simulation effectively making data accessible, discernible and most importantly tangible outside the context of the data warehouse.
- T-SQL Report Writer for a small startup software development firm that focuses on providing web-based and mobile data management solutions for national and international clientele. Wrote 20 stored procedures that were implemented in the USBC (United States Bowling Congress) Youth Membership Processing Portal web application UI, developed by [company name], which granted access to financial, statistical, demographical data. Stored procedures demonstrated ability to assemble advanced queries that included use of: sub-queries, CASE statements, IFF statements, ISNULL statements, COALESCE statements, multiple JOIN variations including UNION.
- Designed and implemented a streamlined method for customer service representatives to pull customer information quickly and simply. Made possible via 1,000+ line T-SQL script for customer service representatives to assist customers in seconds with little information provided from the customer allowing an increase in efficiency and accuracy when dealing with customer inquiries, complaints and questions.
- QA Specialist USBC Youth Membership Processing Portal. Development/Test/Production QA which included documentation of processes, creation of test scenarios and execution of tests, via T-SQL scripts, to ensure UI standards met the required specifications. Led to a successful launch of the USBC Youth Membership Processing Portal (August 2014). [company name] Web-Based Application. Created test scenarios Development/Test/Production QA which included documentation of processes, creation of test scenarios and execution of tests, via T-SQL scripts, to ensure UI standards met the required specifications. Led to a successful launch of the [company name] web-application (November 2012).
- Web Services Tester. Tasked with testing web services for the [company name] mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms. Ran XML based tests through SQL 2012 to verify that stored procedures functioned in a manner where correct data was pulled for the UI. Resulted in a successful launch of the [company name] app in both the App Store and Google Play store (August 2013).
- USBC User Manual Author. In charge of conceptualizing, organizing and creating two user manuals for the USBC Youth Membership Processing Portal and the USBC Administrative Portal for a total of 30 pages full with images and descriptions for step-by-step use of the web application. [company name] User Manual Author. Headed the conceptualization, formation and creation of the [company name] user manual for a total of 157 pages including: table of contents, definitions, images and descriptions aimed at giving the first time user and the veteran user of the [company name] web application a tool to reference and learn from. [company name] User Manual Author. In charge of conceptualizing, organizing and creating user multiple user manuals for the [company name] mobile applications for a total of 42 pages full with images and step-by-step instructions aimed at providing new and existing users a reference when using the mobile application.
- Developed Custom Data Connection utilizing T-SQL and IP connection from SQL Server 2012 to Microsoft Excel for company executives to pull financial information including: clientele numbers, rates charged per client and filters for all fields via Excel Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts. Resulted in accurate up to the second views of past and present revenue with the ability to effectively predict future revenue.
- Created system of T-SQL queries which calculate accounts payable and accounts receivable. Accountable for calculation of $1,000,000+/year in checks cut to clientele all calculated via T-SQL queries.
- Point of contact at [company name] accountable for record maintenance for customer database housing 350,000+ user records.
at this job
Implemented and administered SQL server 2000 data warehouse containing data from various formats, such as text and Excel files.
- Created and managed users and security levels.
- Created and ran daily import routines, which included development and deployment of DTS Packages, views, stored procedures and reports.
- Analyzed data using SQL enterprise manager, as well as Access ADPs.
- Created 100 plus reports using Microsoft Access and Crystal.
at this job
SQL Dba/network Administrator Consultant
Responsible for setting up and configuring MS SQL Server for all the databases, create backup procedures and Recovery plans.
- Developed TECHMAP application, on NT4.0, Visual Basic, Sun-OS, Unix-Oracle environment
- Provided support for dispatch system in installing Application Software on Client side
- Administered WAN, network performance monitoring Router Management, Installation of Software and releases, testing and documentation.
- Setup application user groups and establishing security levels for users to access networks
- Configured the workstations and installing Ethernet cards, modems and upgrading hardware
at this job
Sql Dba Ii
Designed and implemented SSIS packages to extract, transform and load (ETL) data from client files in multiple formats.
- Maintained and tuned complex T-SQL query statements
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into technical requirements
- Supported administrative tasks in SQL Server platform: jobs, alerts, email notifications.
- Designed and implemented database code objects: schemas, tables, functions, stored procedures, views.
- Used third-party database tools to monitor database performance.
- Worked within a team environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Worked under pressure to meet deadlines and provide first-level response and advanced troubleshooting to end user issues/concerns.
at this job
Project Manager/ Implementation Engineer/ SQL DBA
Managed Real Estate applications for 5 boards throughout the country and Victoria Canada. This included product updates as well as daily distributed (local) SQL database (MSDE) updates to 30,000 subscriber computers.
- Interface daily with upper level Real Estate board members to evaluate present and future customer needs.
- Recommend product changes/updates and QA the new product before releasing.
- Research and create various scripts and programs for customer boards for related business needs.
- Created several VB6 applications to help customers in various areas including; automated manipulation and insertion of images into SQL databases, a product registration program.
- Researched and created an automatic installation routine that greatly improved installation for the end user. Eventually moved to Installshield
- Daily monitoring, security, backup, performance enhancements of the SQL Servers and databases.
- Upgraded all servers from SQL 7 to SQL 2000.
at this job
VB Developer, Junior SQL DBA
- Maintained Brokers, Regional Life Insurance and Annuity products Sale activities in SQL 7.0, 2000 databases.
- Performed daily database backups, log ship replication, DTS to text file for Data Scheduling, performance analysis.
- Modified and maintained VB Scheduling application to keep track of product updates and performance daily.
- Supported team of Java and VB developers in developing web portal and other web applications. Troubleshooting SQL server issues and tuning DML statements and store procedures for optimal performance.
at this job
Junior SQL Dba/business Intelligence
Created basic SSRS reports for Missions and Outreach Pastor departments
- Converted CRM data using SSIS Packages Including XML
- Created and maintained contacts database for Missions Department
- Performed basic queries on contacts and accounting databases
- Added new users, and verified data integrity of SQL Databases including SharePoint databases, corrected errors, and made necessary modifications.
at this job
SQL Help Desk Technician/junior SQL DBA
- Received an Outstanding Performer award for the year in this position.
- Delivered technical solutions over the phone to customers and partners, testing software and finding solutions for Goldmine 4.00.xxx through 5.50.xxx, and Heat 6.4.xxx for client-server configurations in dBase, MS-SQL Server 7.0 and 2000, API Support in Visual Basic.NET for GoldMine Plus Accounting, e-mail troubleshooting with Exchange server, GoldMine Everywhere Web, Internet Information Service, Word macros installation and configuration, Palm Pilot features, extensive use of Crystal Reports, ODBC database connections, and network configuration and support.
- Created ad hoc SQL queries, designed database tables, configured stored procedures, and configured the Borland database engine.
- Tested software configurations in Windows 9x through XP including Windows 2000 Professional and Server.
- Successfully resolved installation issues for database server software and client-server applications on a daily basis.
at this job