Sports Reporter, Anchor
- Covered and reported on various stories involving the University of Dayton community
- Conducted interviews with various members of the University faculty as well as its Student-Athletes, and Coaches
- Acted as the host for a student-run and produced sports show called "They Layover"
Sports Reporter/web Producer
- Created, produced, and anchored a weekly sports debate show once per week, which averaged 50 views per week
- Covered and recorded games and sporting events
- Uploaded web copy on YouTube and station website.
- Cut video after events for online content, including highlights and post-game interviews and packages for game wrap ups and feature stories
- Covered high school sports and college summer league baseball team as part of daily beat
- Wrote game stories, player profiles and features
- Photographed games for art to accompany stories
- Ran sports department's social media pages as Social Media Editor, live tweeting games, breaking news and interacting with readers
- Designed and laid out sports section nightly using InDesign
at this job
News, Sports Reporter
- Wrote and broadcasted daily newscasts
- Wrote and broadcasted feature stories covering specific news and sports events
- Produced and participated in weekly talk show - "RedZone"
- Provided play-by-play and color analysis of ISU NCAA Basketball and Baseball.
- Covered ISU Baseball beat
- Worked as deejay and on-air personality
- Reported on an array of University of Alabama athletics including gymnastics, men's and women's basketball, tennis and hockey.
- Established a rapport with sports information directors, athletes and coaches.
- Updated the websites homepage and social media accounts daily with key moments and statistics of the game.
at this job
Sports Reporter and Pagination
Covered variety of high school sports including football, soccer, volleyball, basketball and baseball
- Wrote gamers and sidebars under tight deadlines
- Wrote columns on girls basketball
- Wrote profiles on different subjects including college track and field and UFC
- Handled News-Item Sports Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Used personal Twitter to cover game events
- Paginated sports front, jumps and agate along with other sports pages using InDesign
at this job
Sports Reporter/copy Editor, Martinsville Bulletin
- Covered a wide-range of sports for seven local area high schools, [company name], an NJCAA school, and two NASCAR races at Martinsville Speedway.
- Sports include Football, Softball, Baseball, girls and boys Basketball, Soccer and Tennis.
- Nightly copy editing duties and pagination duties including laying out pages using News Edit Pro and Quark Express programs for AP sports and news content as well as photo duties for news stories.
- Also writing feature stories on local teams and people of interest in the community.
at this job
Part-time Sports Reporter
- Writes university and high school sports stories for publication
- Responsible for keeping track of statistics during games
- Conducted numerous interviews with coaches and players to gain valuable experience
- Writes stories under publishing deadlines in as little as one hour, for a 22,000 circulation, daily newspaper
Report on high school, junior college, NCAA Division III, minor league baseball and auto racing beats
- Report on other athletic events happening in the Dan River Region and write compelling copy
- Shoot, edit and produce video and podcast content for related web content
- Maintain an active presence on social media reporting scores, promoting content and engaging users
Sports Reporter/production Assistant
- Executes on-camera 1 on 1 interviews with head coaches for preview pieces and then edits these preview pieces
- Writes scripts for feature pieces and does standups and voice overs using these scripts
- Participates in live sports broadcasts by shooting in-game footage and by editing highlights during game
- Lead for the student news team and in charge of pitching news story ideas, shooting footage for these stories and editing these stories
- Interviews fans during home sporting events and special events like ESPN College GameDay