Computer Programmer Analyst / Software Team Lead / Onsite Coordinator
Worked at Client site initially as Onsite Coordinator of an offshore project and then as a Software Team Lead on various Automated Fare Collection (AFC) projects involving client team sizes of 4 to 12 persons.
- Proposal preparation and effort estimation.
- Requirement gathering, Design and Review with the end-customer.
- External Interface Specification updates.
- Team Co-ordination and schedule tracking.
- Implementation of various AFC components involving user interface screens, serial device drivers, Device Interface over cellular network, magnetic transport.
- Coordinating the product releases.
- On-site installation, test support and defect tracking.
Software Team Lead
Manage the [company name] on-site software development and maintenance contract, time management and billing. Work with Ethicon Endo-Surgery managers to develop project schedules using client standard tools, including MS Project to capture tasks, resources and scope of projects.
- Perform risk management, provide resource capacity and allocation analysis and utilize change management process to control contractual scope of projects.
- Interact with stakeholders and support organizations to ensure expectations are commensurate with product delivery.
- Prepare/present briefings for and lead the weekly stakeholder projects review meeting, including distribution of the agenda, and writing and distributing meeting minutes.
Software Team Lead
Managed team of 6 engineers on broadcast video router.
- Held very short daily standup meetings to surface roadblocks and gage progress using eXtream Programming processes.
- Developed serial and network control protocols to enable compatibility with automation systems.
- Released product on schedule and on budget.
Software Team Lead in Core Platforms Group
Leading an effort to implement n-tier real time SOAP protocol framework to control all aspects of casino gaming machine from remote server.
- Working with cross-functional team to define, implement & integrate various features on the gaming machines.
- Working with gaming regulators and testing bodies to take approval for various features/functionality being added.
- Performing the role of data architect to analyze new XML schemas being added in the system and defining follow up work.
- Working in go-live team to deploy various solutions at customer site (i.e Aria, Cosmo).
- Leading a team to do performance and memory analysis
- Hands on software development of various core features on the gaming machine. Partial list of features are Jack Pot Handling, Bonus, real time event notification, networking gaming, PKI/SSL modules.
- Doing resource management and project tracking for assigned features.
- Supporting pre-sales/post-sales customer integration and deployment.
- Used and worked with C++, XML, QNX, Windows, SOAP, Protocols, G2S, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Web Server, SSL, OCSP/SCEP, HTML5/Java-Script, Coverity, Purify.
Software Team Lead
Developed robotic control software using C++ and Python in the Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Developed control code for maintaining plant health
- Mechanical team member
- Developed the system structure
- Developed the robotic arm used to manipulate plant
Software Team Lead, Platform Team
Joined [company name] via transfer of ONS Software from Wind River Systems.
- Responsible for delivering Platform integration software.
- Responsible for delivering builds for multiple customers with multiple platforms per customer.
- Responsible for managing a team of engineers.
- Responsible for developing features, tools, and integration layers in python and Linux C++.
Software Team Lead / Principal Engineer
3rd Generation Wireless Communications Gateway (UMTS/GPRS)
- System/Software architecture of Gateway Support Node.
- Design, development and integration of GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP), Transport Protocol for Charging/Billing records (GTPP) and Statistics subsystem
- Development done in C and C++ on vxWorks
Software Team Lead
- Started working on J2EE based Web application as software engineer for the company.
- Developed the project using Agile approach and followed Test first approach using JUnit, implemented persistence layer with Hibernate and utilizing Spring Framework.
- Shifted the course of events from J2EE to Groovy & Grails in creating modules like ads placing and Chat module, web modules, registration module and complete project thereafter.
- Use of MySQL as the database.
- Lead the QA team in following scenarios like Test case development, Test plan development
- Had to be involved working on UNIX for the in-house server setting up JIRA(BugBase) and Teamcity/Hudson(Version Control), also setting up Apache and Tomcat servers on Unix.
- Had to deal with War file transfers over the unix system test on the in-house server before releasing onto the production server.
- Used Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Environment: Groovy & Grails, j2sdk for JAVA, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ, Adobe FlexBuilder, MySQL 5.5, Navicat, Cygwin, Apache Tomcat, TortoiseSVN, UNIX, Putty, Hudson, JIRA, TeamCity, Mercury Quality Center
Software Team Lead / Project Manager
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates and coordinating projects for systems software
- Manage headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicate project status and escalates issues to direct managers and program managers.
- Project Manager for ongoing software projects, as well as, Scrum Master.
- Direct the activities of the software team using Agile/Scrum methodology with cross functional teams.
- Coordinate daily stand-ups, refining the backlog, sprint demo and sprint planning meetings for active Sprints.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement while developing software standards.
- Engage in tactical and strategic planning for future software projects.
- Make informed hiring decisions; provide performance feedback; involved in training and mentoring junior software engineers; and allow opportunities for advancement.
- Evaluate team members to ensure efficient operation for each personnel.