Software Team Leader
Designed the upgrade of legacy web application to be used by airline operation center staff for its daily operations. Mapped current legacy system components, identified issues with existing implementation, and observed current work process to identify pain points and areas for improvement.
- Designed upgraded web application and complementary tools to improve usability, support, and maintenance of the application.
- Lead selection of the appropriate technology for each component to be developed.
- Managed team of four consisting of three developers and a QA Engineer. Assigned tasks, set design review meetings, and ensured team members' understanding of requirements and proposed design.
- Coordinated QA and development efforts. Facilitated QA engineer in determination of test methods for each developed component.
- Worked closely with the customer throughout the development cycle ensuring the proposed design met customer requirements.
Software Team Lead
Developed frequent enhancements through leadership of engineering team composed of several developers and testers for corporate machine vision application
- Responded quickly to complex customer requirements using Agile Methodology leading to high customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Increased stability of code base through effective management and tracking of software issues via online bug tracker resulting in multiple issues addressed per week
- Established and documented metrics leading to correctly assessing project estimations
Software Team Lead, Network Surveillance and Management
Provided technical leadership to cross-functional development teams; streamlined implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of development operations products and service offerings.
- Developed and presented detailed specifications and wrote codes according to set requirements; implemented requirements analysis and developed detailed software design documents.
- Established and integrated systems to monitor transport devices for company's internal users in NOC (National Operation Center). Consistently examined, analyzed and documented reported defects during mission-critical projects.
- Worked with system engineers to craft solutions that reengineered process orders for Order Management system using PowerBuilder and Sybase.
- Launched rule-based fault management to monitor transport devices (Lucent, Cisco, Alcatel and Nortel) in NetExpert.
- Acceptance testing with vendors of optical switch device (Sycamore, LuxN, Overture, Tellabs) for Fault Management.
Flight Software Team Lead
Provided technical leadership to install the research flight computing system onto C-17
- Prepared the Critical Design Review (CDR) of the flight software development process and presented briefing materials to management and costumers (NASA & Air Force).
- Developed software plans to integrate and test flight software auto code rapid prototyping process.
- Defined interface requirements specification and traceability to C-17 flight control laws.
- Set up Avionics Integration Support Facility (AISF) lab environment to support the integration of control laws software with ARINC-653 platform and MIL-STD-1553B interface for risk reduction testing.
Senior Engineer / Embedded Software Team Lead
Develop the embedded processor initial implementation to parse the fluidics team flow scripts and to control the glucose monitor system hardware. Develop the system control production code for studies.
- Planned and documented the Digital Control Processor (DCP) architecture.
- Demonstrated uC-OS II by starting up tasks with priorities, message queues, mutexs and watchdogs.
- Completed the sequencer and the fluidics control that at runtime parsed the fluidics scripts in the DCP. The scripting language was a personally developed full function language.
- Developed the transport protocol running on the CAN bus protocol using the extended frame.
Software Team Lead
Leader of four member team responsible for the integration of streaming network services into our HDTVs. Successfully integrated Vudu streaming movie service in 2009, including Vudu dock and ticker, and updating to Vudu 3D in 2011. Currently integrating NetFlix, including preparation for NetFlix certification process, and exploring other content providers.
- Designed and implemented the key-routing logic, network interface, and secure HDMI link.
- Modify TV subsystems for UI, A/V control, resource sharing, and ULI (software update) integration.
- Participated in the design and implementation of the secure boot, security, DRM, dual download with failover.
- Interfaced with multiple vendors to facilitate merging their products' SDKs (using their APIs) with the TV software.
- Designated technical contact to Vudu, NetFlix, Panasonic, Microsoft, and others.
- Provided project planning, and collection, monitoring, and reporting team status.
Software Team Lead
- Led a diverse team at a medical device startup to develop a new imaging device that is compatible with existing clinical systems, backed by a custom cloud infrastructure, and enhanced by modern machine learning techniques
- Architected and developed cross-platform software for the novel medical imaging device and the custom cloud system
- Integrated overall system with prevailing healthcare standards (e.g., DICOM, HL7)
- Worked closely with commercial team to define product features and roadmap
- Oversaw software process and software regulatory requirements
CDMA Navigator GPS Software Team Lead
Delivered the Navigator SW E-911 Phase1 GPS software component on time and per customer requirement for bringing phone products with GPS to the market.
- Reviewed software requirement / design / interface message with related software component teams.
- Designed AFLT module for E-911 phase and created design specification accordingly.
- Planned, coordinated and tracked milestone / integration / testing via Microsoft Project and regular team meetings with Navigator team and other associated software component teams.
Software Team Lead
Led a team of five engineers to design, code, and validate error-free software for Ford Instrument Panel Clusters.
- Adhered to release deadlines and maintained a healthy schedule via using Configuration Management tools, Issue Tracking databases, Microsoft Project, holding periodic meetings, and resolving matters proactively.
- Integrated software from different teams using Beyond Compare.
- Coordinated with our Platform, Graphics, Project, and Applications software teams.
Senior Software Team Lead/senior Developer
Led a team of developers, providing technical support to the staff and periodically reviewing the progress of the team members to ensure maximized efficiency and successful completion of projects.
- Managed all phases of software development of a large-sized project as the Team Lead, including enhancements and production support, analyzing customer requirements and specifications and developing task plans.
- Performed life-cycle development using C/C++, Sybase and Xview on a SUN Sularis (UNIX).
- Enhanced features to existing database tables utilizing PL/SQL for enhancements.