Senior Software Developer (soa Architect)
Organized and implemented various IT projects, with experience in all aspects of the SDLC. Performed requirements gathering, analysis, design, and specification development, implementation, and production support for various software development projects and initiatives with a focus on Enterprise and System Integration. Defined and presented project plans, schedules, and deliverables to relevant parties, including management and project teams. Identified and managed project risks. Facilitated meetings and communications between stakeholders and clients with diverse interests, such as business, finance and technology. Ensured fulfillment of project objectives and on-time project delivery.
- Selected to collaborate with Server team, identifying business and functional needs, and developing design specifications and project plan for the automation of Active Directory change management and notifications. Saw to the successful on-time and on-spec completion of this project, increasing productivity of Production Support and Server teams by 25%, and impacting ~5,000 employees worldwide.
- Defined the SOA vision and directed its initiative from requirements gathering and architecture specifications to implementation of services, achieving lower software development and management costs through cross-platform (Java/ASP.NET/SharePoint) service re-use.
- Utilized in-depth knowledge of systems architecture and research to make recommendations, and served as the key SOA Architect for a $2.3M Workday HRIS implementation project, significantly improving the user experience and reporting capabilities, and automating complex workflows for HR managers and administrators.
- Introduced new technologies and best practices into the software architecture and development standards, leading to more a robust and scalable platform that decreased the development time and produced high-quality end products.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and abilities to establish close working relationships with various project teams and internal managers through on-going interaction and collaboration.
at this job
Senior SOA Architect
Senior Service-Oriented Architect on Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) SWIM project (www.faa.gov/nextgen/swim) reporting directly to the FAA SWIM Technical Lead for SOA Governance and Enterprise Information Management (EIM) using SOA technology based on Apache Open Source including CXF Java Framework, Camel, and ActiveMQ.
- Accomplished 100% of delivery goals and time tables for all assigned work products.
- Technical leader for SWIM Governance team for delivery of all necessary work products for implementation of large-scale SOA.
- Developed business case for the SOA COE, by delivering white papers, and presentations to SWIM technical leaders for feedback and approval. Approved business case allowed staffing and scheduling for the SOA COE to be included in the SWIM project plan.
- Defined and implemented the SOA Center of Excellence (COE) and services registry and repository.
- Co-led the creation and review of all SWIM Governance policies and standards.
- Developed EIM plan for SOA-based information exchanges with other Federal customers leveraging NIEM/MIEM/UCore models along with Wx and AIXM as standards based on working with the Naval Research Laboratory.
- Co-presenter of SOA Governance presentation to FAA personnel.
at this job
Provided expertise in WebLogic's SOA stack: Portal 9.2, AquaLogic ESB, WLI, Spring 2, Struts 2, DOJO, AJAX
- Determining the implementation risk of using AJAX and inter-portlet communication in a JSR 168 spec with JSR 286 pending. Determining the risk and effort of porting Liferay portal pages to WebLogic.
- Migrated existing JBoss based Liferay to WebLogic Portal 9.2, and recommended secondary and tertiary phases based on behavior tracking and user experience optimization technologies.
- Provided design prototypes for minimizing browser memory usage via AJAX.
- Conversion of Look and Feel of LifeRay application to coincide with Bank of America's new CSS branding standard.
- The Portal surfaces information to the bank's corporate investment portfolio traders from disparate applications via existing backend J2EE components, RSS feeds, and web services
- Implemented LDAP integration to conform with Groups and Roles. Defined Groups and Roles hierarchy.
at this job
Developed complete solutions in SOA and create process flows, use various interaction patterns, and integrate web services.
- Designed and developed Proxy services, Business services, and Message flows at OSB layer.
- Code and test integration components using programming languages, web services, and Oracle
- Work with XPath and XSLT tools for transformation of messages.
- Maintain and document SOA Suite 11g, Weblogic Server 11g, and OSB 11g on development and test environments.
- Developed Error Handling and Logging solutions for errors and business exceptions.
- Created a simple web application using ADF 11g and Java Server Faces.
at this job
BI Architect \ SOA Architect
Drove the Database design choice for the Massachusetts DOE's RTTT Grant proposal
- Provided their systems analysis from use cases through hardware and software usage and costs
- Provided a BI structure that will lead the current Enterprise Data Warehouse to a second phase
- Partnered with Massachusetts Department of Revenue on the complete rewrite of MassTax2 and moving the organization toward a more SAP based centralized service orientation.
at this job
Sr. SOA Architect (ea)
Solution Architect responsible for the definition and design of the future state of processes and systems architecture to support NextGen systems based on a Service Oriented Architecture for IDEN mobile HSDPA-based 3G service in three Latin American countries, including Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.
- Defined and evaluated options to overhaul company's legacy IT systems based on SOA architecture with the goal of reducing overall cost, improving functionality, and providing a better user experience. Resulted in a new direction for company's Business and Operation Support Systems (BOSS).
- Conducted a detailed analysis of IT systems across all markets to obtain a full inventory of all IT systems.
- Performed gap analysis between future and current state of operations & technology (HW, SW network).
- Lead a team that delivered the gap closure requirements, design and plans.
- Supervised outsourced vendors and conducted design review of processes and RFIs.
- Defined business and technical requirements and evaluated vendors for the managed services BOSS
- Interviewed internal business customers and IT teams
- Evaluated solutions from 12 world class vendors
- Conducted in depth evaluation of each solution and recommended a final vendor that was selected
at this job
Enterprise SOA Architect
Responsible for future enterprise architecture vision and strategy.
- Analyzed and assessed current state architectural capabilities and landscape.
- Developed long-term architectural vision and strategy. Defined future state architecture with strategic roadmap.
- Established architectural design guideline, process governance and enterprise service model.
- Guided and steered strategic transformation projects delivering results in accordance with future state architecture.
- Reviewed designs of projects to ensure the alignment with architectural roadmap, best practices and cost-effective.
at this job
Lead SOA Architect
This was one of the most exciting projects I ever worked on. As a Lead SOA architect for a small IT shop, I had to perform a wide range of requirement, architecture, development, mentoring tasks. The budget limitations and time constraints added to the complexity to the project. The project involved building the entire SOA tools stack using open source products.
- Successfully convinced the Chief Information Officer to adapt open source SOA tools stack for realizing the benefits of SOA.
- Implemented Proof of Concept for various open source SOA tools and assembled a SOA stack most optimal for the business needs.
- Developed a road map for migrating from traditional software architecture with software silos and point to point integration to SOA.
- Re-architected and developed complete trade shows registration system (in Java). This innovative redesign included creating entity and utility services with strict functional boundaries. This enhanced the enterprise's ability to rapidly to build new integrations and compositions to meet the ever changing business needs.
- Installed and configured Apache Synapse (ESB) and Apache ActiveMQ to implement service enablement, virtualization, asynchronous communication and protocol binding. This resulted in getting away from maintain custom developed adaptors for various integrations thereby reducing on maintenance costs greatly.
- The redesign also included installing and configuring JBoss Drools as the rules engine. This included externalizing frequently changing business critical rules into a rules store and exposing decision services via both SOAP and XML interfaces. This gave business the ability to change business rules on the fly without the need for any redeployments or downtime there by making the IT more agile in adapting to fast changing business needs.
at this job
Migrated the ALBPM 5.7 workflow applications Obliger Limit exceptions(OLE), Credit Risk credit Apps, CDO Support, GES(Global Entitlement Systems), CDO Ratings and CDOCollateral to Oracle 10g BPM
- Supporting the current 5.7 projects and fixing the current migration issues
- ALBPM 5.7 Obliger Limit exceptions, Credit Risk credit Apps, Support projects are being updated
- Deployed the 5.7 workflow applications on dev and SIT unix boxes
- Integrated SAP R/3 adapater as a BPM service component as a third party adapter
at this job
- Developed data integration software specifications to be used by Data providers to the Intelligence Community Data Layer (ICDL).
- Involved in DOD-DNI data standardization efforts. Participated in DOD MetaData Working Group and involved in standing up Working Groups to standardize knowledge objects (basic entities comprised within the IC Data Layer).
- Served as a liaison for Integration of Intelligent Data Sources to with the Intelligence Community Data Layer (ICDL). ICDL is one of 4 initiatives under the DNI Analytic Transformation task.
- Worked with stakeholders managing functional and data related issues, identifying solutions, and documenting solution requirements.
- Generated System Diagrams using Visio and Oxygen XML editor for analysis of XML Schema, DTD and SOAP messages of the IC Data Layer Framework during the development of the IC Specification Documents.
- Used XML, WSDL, SOAP, HTTP, HTTPS, XSLT, XPATH, and Xquery to support the DIA on the IC Data Layer Project.
at this job