Senior Auditor - Consultant
Engaged by the City Assistant Auditor responsible for $1.9 million of CDBG federal grants to perform specific audit plans duties using GAAP, GAGAS and GASB standards.
- Work performed included collecting and documented the work-papers for review.
- Conducted site visits to five agencies to perform specific audit test.
- Review and documented the flow of funds from the City general ledger accounts into the sub recipient general ledger account.
- Cross references documents to support my conclusion based on the audit plan.
- Prepared work papers with audit findings and concerns.
at this job
- Conducted financial statement audits and provided value-added recommendations to management for review and implementation
- Served as central liaison between client and firm Tax department for federal and state income tax filings
- Performed fiscal and program audits for government funded not-for-profit companies, DYCD, DOHMH, EI, DFTA, and DHS delegated agencies
- Assisted manager to do the audit planning and schedule audit field work
- Supervised junior staff and interns on the engagement
- Conducted entrance and exit with client for the introduction of the engagement and findings and recommendations and related duties and communicated effectively with client during the audit
- Outsourced to KPMG NY office to conduct 2012 DOH ICR Audit from Jan. 20 to Apr. 15, 2014
at this job