Converged Security Architect
Part of a cross-divisional security team using a multi-disciplinary focused approach to cyber and information security and compliance, operational risk management, client security management, workforce protection, and business resilience.
- Partnered with internal teams to protect employer and client information by the delivery of security analysis, recommendations, projects and compliance methods and practice.
- Developed and communicated 40+ security standards and policies for global implementation.
- Designed an e-Fraud strategy and partnered with vendors to create a custom automated methodology for identifying potential payroll fraud providing increased early detection capabilities.
- Created standards for physical access control and video management systems for 350 sites in North America resulting in increased efficiency, standardized access and protocols for investigations and audits.
- Investigated and developed multiple security projects both cyber and physical.
- Collaborated with investigative team and local law enforcement on cases including investigating strategy and interviews. Collected, handled and secured evidence including security video reviews.
at this job
Peoplesoft Security Architect (independent Consultant)
Executed role of PeopleSoft Security Architect and lead developer for the PeopleSoft HCM module enhancements:
- Reviewed and documented PeopleSoft security using “Current State” versus “To Be” methodology for identifying the security gaps.
- Redesigned and implemented PeopleSoft security for the entire organization by creating new Permission Lists and Roles using PeopleSoft best practices and industry standards that enforce SOX controls.
- Created new Data Permissions utilizing organization structure by designing Department Security Trees.
- Created new Query Trees and Access groups to address Query Security requirements.
at this job
Enterprise Security Architect
Lead Enterprise Security Architect in charge of building, maintaining and promoting an enterprise security view of the IT architectural blueprint and roadmap.
- Oversaw the IT Security Center of Excellence (COE) comprised of 10-15 cross-functional members.
- Developed an […] based information security management program and strategy, associated security policies, procedures and SDLC integration activities.
- Created an IT security technical reference architecture and documented current state security capabilities, current state gaps and future state roadmap aligned with IT and business strategies.
- Created a risk assessment process with templates and conducted system design reviews as lead security representative on the Enterprise Architecture Review Board.
- Conducted a security risk assessment and defined security requirements for a new Joint Venture in China.
- Planned, designed and implemented enterprise-wide Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and vulnerability management services.
at this job
Senior Security Architect
Developed and deployed innovative and concise technical security solutions as senior enterprise security architect dedicated to the HP Imaging and Printing business during the HP Data Center Consolidation.
- Created and managed the security approval process framework in the Architecture Compliance Review for each phase of projects in the development lifecycle for all new Imaging and Printing projects including threat and vulnerability management strategies.
- Designed custom compartmentalized secure local risk networks for Ireland, Spain, Germany, and other locations to minimize risk to standard networks.
- Put in charge of PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance for systems that take credit cards for payment in a $66 million per year revenue market.
- Security Architect reviewer and approver of Factory Systems Line Standards and Policies used for internal and new contract manufacturing project, a $200 million cost-saving project.
- Responsible for contributing to IT Security Governance company security Policies and Standards adhered to by the global company
- Onsite security vendor security reviews for U.S. and international business partners using ISO 27001 specifications
at this job
Network Engineer/security Architect
Responsible for running a chain-wide hardware upgrade initiative. This included negotiating contracts with vendors, documenting the entire process for field technicians, building and verifying configurations.
- Implemented a new IPAM/DNS/DHCP solution. This allowed the company to better utilize their IP address space as well as move away from an antiquated DNS/DHCP platform.
- Managed PCI Compliance for eighty-six dealerships. Completed self-assessments (SAQ-D), project plans and external scans to bring the company into compliance with PCI-DSS requirements.
- Designed and implemented a new store design consisting of 2900 series ISR G2's, 2960S stacks, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Implemented OTV between data centers in order to increase application availability in preparation for a future LISP deployment.
at this job
IT Security Architect
IT Architect and information technology security expert with 6 years of experience in the financial, manufacturing, insurance, and public sectors. Customers include Kraft, Zurich, American National Insurance Company (ANICO), CIGNA, State of California, State of Georgia, Fluor, Coca-Cola, IBM, Roche, State Compensation Insurance Fund (SCIF), Marathon Oil, St. Paul Travelers, Volkswagen/Audi, United Healthcare Group, Sampo Bank (Finland), Watkins Motors, and others.
- Expert in architecting secure solutions for identity and access management solutions with a focus on IBM Tivoli products. Proven ability to conduct security assessments of applications and current IT environments at customer sites.
- Consistently recognized for outstanding management and service delivery performance, as well as unique and creative perspectives on problem resolution. Expert leadership and communication skills. Received numerous professional performance awards from the IBM Corporation, including recognition for leadership, planning, and technical ability. Mentor new hires and existing employees to further careers and enhance skill sets.
- Designed and facilitated classes to train workforce on Tivoli Security Solutions as well as Digital Video Surveillance (DVS) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Lead architect for Tivoli Access Manager for e-Business 6.0 deployment to replace Entrust GetAccess at government insurance agency. Implemented highly available and scalable solution built on WebSphere Network Deployment technology including IBM Tivoli Access Manager Session Management Server and IBM Tivoli Common Auditing and Reporting Service.
- Redesigned backend directory for the new IBM Tivoli Access Manager 4.1 upgrade. Guided the effort to redesign security controls within Access Manager to meet the security guidelines of the corporation. Integrated the new WebSphere 5.1 environment into the redesigned Access Manager security environment to ease the security administration and control access from a single, central location.
- Devised assembly lines for Tivoli Directory Integrator to determine last login in Active Directory in a world-wide forest in real-time. This information is not replicated in Active Directory environments in real-time.
- Architected identity management solution based on Tivoli Identity Manager for a global engineering and construction firm to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) as well as European data privacy laws.
at this job
Sr. Security Architect
[company name] needed to take ownership of their end users' online experience by consolidating access to disparate web applications into one common login. During the discovery phase we demonstrated that customers both expected and required single sign-on, which would require making user data available to every application and business within the [company name] brand.
- Educated client regarding unified customer experience and need for accessible user data across client applications and business divisions
- Led a Proof of Concept project which integrated all IBM Identity and Access Management products (TIM/TAM/FIM/TDS) with Siebel and Active Directory
- Brokered the software purchase and built multi-year plan to implement the one login experience
at this job
Cyber Security Architect / Electrical Engineer
Providing analyst and system administrator services through conducting technical analysis related to information operations and cyber security for the Intelligence Community; primarily to include electrical power SCADA systems and networks.
- Design, build, test, and deliver computers, electrical power SCADA systems and modeled test bed substations to clients.
- Configure and maintain PLC and HMI and establish protocol and communication parameters between electrical power SCADA systems, PLC, HMI, and Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) using MODBUS and DNP3.
- Developed computer hardware suites, tools, technologies and reports for policy and technical audiences.
- Research, design, develop, assemble, modify, train on, and test (sometimes to failure), isolated networks of computers, software applications, and miscellaneous associated hardware and software components.
- Ensured that training methods were developed, based on assembled systems and unique design.
- Implemented and provided detailed evaluation of assembled systems for training, to include on and off site training.
- Administered threat assessments, network intrusion detection, computer network defense, and secure network architecture in support of client Intelligence Community.
- Evaluated and updated several Classified System Security Plans, to prepare client system upgrades.
at this job
Director, Information Security Architecture
Implemented Sherwood Applied Business Security Architecture (SABSA) process.
- Defined the baseline security architecture framework for North America 10 new security projects
- Implemented the PKI framework within [company name] Tech for smart card and lap top encryption.
- Managed the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance management program.
- Introduced the Security Lifecycle Management Process for project management.
- Designed security risk and work measurement for global data center consolidation.
at this job
Sr. Lead Security Architect and Engineer
Chaired monthly Executive meetings consisting of Legal, Business, and IT team leads to discuss open security issues and propose solutions.
- Managed personnel to remediate risk, threats, and vulnerabilities (SOC and Operational Teams).
- Created project budgets and timelines for security initiatives.
- Led regulatory and audit reviews, developed and implemented audit plans for assessing security risks.
- Provided updates and presentations to executive-level personnel on security position and project statuses.
- Coached and mentored junior staff. Provided assistance and work direction to other employees.
- Promoted data security awareness by developing and maintaining a security-conscious environment.
- Engineered, designed, and implemented information security controls to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of corporate data.(AV, HIDS, NIDS, Encryption, Firewalls, DLP, etc ).
at this job