Oversee the performance of highly complex environmental tests (Thermal-Vacuum, Vibration, Acoustic) of hardware assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Apply extensive understanding in field to assure critical test parameters (test chamber verification, hardware configurations, connector types, test plan checklist, etc).
- Assess risks real-time and use engineering judgment to stop work when risks are deemed to be unacceptable during fabrication, integration, and test.
- Analyze and assess processes and procedures; recommend improvements to management Designed, developed and tested TRL 6 (Technology Readiness Level) actuator for sealing sample tubes containing Mars simulant. Tested actuator in Mars temperature and pressure in chamber.
- Used JPL Mars simulator laboratory to analyze rock samples.
- Developed criteria for gearbox, motor, and controller selection. Used PWM functionally to perform current control open loop protocol.
- Designed vibrational isolated actuator system and gimbal swing arm for Sikorsky S76 LIDAR.
- Responsible for oversight of operational processes, and verified compliance with NASA flight and CA state standards and policies.
- Selected controller for high positional accuracy for precision pointing of LIDAR.
- Implemented safety hardtops for gimbal actuator to ensure reliable landing of S76.
- Cognizant of record keeping and inventory control.
at this job
- Design and construct animatronic mannequins featuring pneumatics and electrical mechanisms that are intended for retail environment applications.
- Research various pneumatic solenoid air valves (5-way, 3-position), silicon tubing, torsion springs, and air muscles (mesh tubing) for optimal performance.
- Manage all part sourcing with local metal markets and international hardware vendors.
- Test air muscle assemblies at various air pressures and mechanical limits for performance, durability, and reliability evaluation.
- Construct custom base for mannequin mounting and storage of air tank, compressors, power supply, and retractable wheel mechanism composed of customized cams, flaps and a hand lever activation system.
- Manage design and modification of shoulder drawings and sub-assemblies with Autodesk's 3ds Max CAD.
- Configure and operate 3D printer for prototype testing.
at this job
Program Fanuc Robots to mig/spot weld vehicle frames
- Work with quality department on quality standards
- Work with Engineering department to meet specifications
- Work with maintenance to keep lines in operation
- Plan out process improvements
- Train maintenance staff to operate robots
at this job