Medical Professional Medical Coder
- Scheduled patients, answered phones, retrieved patient diagnostic information, received cancellations and filled the open slots, coded CPT, and ICD-9cm and ICD-10cm.
- Scanned patient Labs, X-Rays, and CT into EMR
- Expedited faxes to the proper staff
- Maintained patient demographics, insurance eligibility, and collected monies due at time of service
- Performed EKG's and Pulmonary Function Tests
- Reviewed medical records and appropriate release authorization
- Obtained referrals, authorizations from insurance companies and other entities
- Took vital signs and roomed patients for the Doctor
at this job
Bilingual Certified Professional Medical Coder
- Review patient Medical Record to ensure accuracy of documentation and compliance standards.
- Identify Hierarchical Category Conditions (HCC) by searching on Laboratory Exams, Radiology Procedures, Screenings, Medical Records and Progress notes from Primary Physicians or Specialists.
- Perform internal projects and coding reviews to improve documentation of chronic conditions.
- Properly code all findings into the EMR Coding System to ensure Physician approval.
- Keep up to date the Problem list by revising existing codes or removing any resolved issues.
Professional Medical Representative
Medical Front Desk
- Perform a wide variety of clerical support activities.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, and follow-up on authorization.
- Retrieve and file medical records.
at this job