Drove increases in revenue and margin while delivering on quality, price, process and efficiency. Managed company's procurement and strategic sourcing with over $40 million in spend. Negotiated with suppliers, built and led teams and ensured consolidation and leverage of purchases throughout the company.
- Sourced parts for a newly acquired mobile business unit with a substancial revenue increase of $200M in less than one year.
- Lowered materials cost for refurbishment center by 30% which netted the company more than $7.25M in 20 months.
- Consolidated supplier base by 30% through the elimination of subpar suppliers while improving total cost and efficiencies.
- Collaborated with IT to transition purchasing/inventory management system from an outdated custom system to Microsoft Dynamics.
- Reduced active inventory by 11% by implementing collarative planning with Sales, Manufacturing and Procurement.
- Helped merchandizing team lower costs by introducing new supplier in China, eliminating third party involvement and lowering cost by more than 35%.
- Generated $500,000 for bottom line by selling old parts sitting in warehouse for over five years.
at this job
Conducted Corrugated RFQ and led negotiation team through a successful negotiation for a new packaging contract that delivered 12% ($434K) annual savings for three distribution facilities
- Responsible for sourcing supplies, forecasting inventory requirements, assessing risk, and daily operation of Store Supplies program for a 1000+ store North American specialty retailer
- Maintain strong vendor relationships, achieved cost savings, and negotiated contracts for key categories: Packaging (7%), Hangers (10%), Janitorial Supplies (12%), and Acrylics (15%)
- Identified areas to cut cost by analyzing impact of removing SKU's as well as evaluating shipping direct vs. stocking inventory
- Implemented Oracle Procurement reporting tools and developed user requirements to IT for new corporation wide MRP system
- Brought leadership to the procurement department and motivated staff to achieve maximum performance and efficiency
at this job
Lumbal handles the wholesale of Electrical and Electronic Products in Australia and overseas.
- Successfully implemented procurement and logistics of the Chinese and Australian made electrical and electronic products for the Australian market.
- Aggressively worked to achieve significant cost savings through sourcing new suppliers and negotiating with the existing. Sales of our product increased by over 30% due to lower COGs.
- Ensured on time delivery and improved purchasing quality through setting up the quality check procedures for the suppliers and personal on site checking.
- Cultivated solid business relationship with different suppliers that enabled us to receive deferred payment terms from them.
at this job
National Procurement Manager
Created and implemented a Purchasing Plan for 15 cities that streamlined and standardized all procurement procedures.
- Presented methods and outcomes to executive management, while training 6 business partners and 12 lower level management groups on implementation of those processes and procedures dealing with procurement.
- Established a credit line with Citi Bank, which helped create market accounts to better secure materials through vendors.
- Identified and quickly resolved logistical complications and supply chain shortages.
- Worked regularly with the CEO and CFO to discuss and implement cost savings and operational improvements.
- Negotiated contracts and maintained relationships with various vendors to achieve an overall average cost savings of 23% annually on accounts upward of $10M.
- Utilized ERP system reports, Microsoft Excel, and pivot tables to analyze problem areas and create solutions.
- Mediated between vendors, markets, and the accounts payable manager to quickly resolve incorrect invoicing.
at this job
Executed domestic and global sourcing activities for industrial and electro-mechanical components to support manufacturing and power plant installation projects for US and EMEA locations. Identified, selected and implemented direct, indirect and MRO suppliers while sustaining ISO requirements and environmental stewardship responsibilities. Analyzed, negotiated and awarded supply and service agreements to meet BOM cost targets and corporate budgets. Performed formal RFQ/RFP activities to provide market-benchmarking analytics to accomplish lowest total cost of ownership. Lead, organized and facilitated business development and roadmap discussions with key internal stakeholders, external partners and suppliers. Managed Joint Venture (JV) company production startup and capacity planning activities. Directed procurement priority projects and administered division Travel Program. Served as the key liaison to source and negotiate IT hardware, software and service agreements, partnering with suppliers such as Dell, IBM, Oracle and TW Telecom for network acquisition, implementation and Disaster Recovery measures.
- Intimately controlled Joint Venture (JV) activities to sustain lean manufacturing, maximum production output and profitability.
- Sourced, qualified and implemented strategic aluminum extrusion and glass partners, harmonizing global pricing for both North America & EMEA manufacturing plants.
- Co-selected, implemented and deployed compressed gases suppliers, securing long-term supply and achieving 20 - 25% annual savings.
- Established multiple MRO suppliers, providing over $200K in cost avoidance for a state-of-the-art CPV solar module manufacturing facility.
- Negotiated various supply and service agreements, delivering balanced commercial terms & conditions and favorable payment terms.
at this job
Procurement Manager-electrical Hybrids
- Managed the largest procurement group in Aero-Electrical with ~ $180M annual spend for both commercial and government requirements with a team of 6 to 12 buyers across multiple locations.
- Improved weekly past due On Time To Request (OTTR) dollars from 9 DOS to 2 DOS, representing a $5M improvement over the last 12 months.
- Implemented Six Sigma tools to improve performance resulting in reduced excess inventory by $8M / 3 to 4 DOS.
- Interfaced with cross-functional groups, including engineering, integrated supply chain, sales, contracts, legal, program planning and control, compliance, and product support.
- Resolution of customer issues resulting in increased customer satisfaction across both internal and external [company name] customers.
- Managed functional responsibilities in support of SIOP process which improved supplier performance, reduced inventory and improved customer On Time To Request (OTTR) to 92%.
at this job
Senior Procurement Manager and Global Tolling Council Leader
[company name] is a multi-national manufacturing company servicing the mining, aerospace, and additive chemical industries, with a deep commitment to product innovation and the highest level of customer technological support.
- Organized and managed Cytec's global tolling and third party manufacturing operations while leading the sourcing and procurement operations for all direct materials in the mining and phosphine businesses
- Led the global cross functional management team defining third party manufacturing operations, safety, health, and environmental standards
- Defined and implemented risk review and Management of Change programs for more than 100 external manufacturing operations
- Coordinated procurement and sourcing initiatives for 16 new product introductions and 8 in second stage development
- Created strategic procurement plans for five business units: Alumina, Mineral Extraction, Frothers, Mineral Processing and Phosphines
- Savings exceeding $2 million.
at this job
Managed procurement of all merchandise from China for $5M wholesale distributer of ceramics and glassware.
- Coordinated shipment of key account orders ensuring full compliance with vendor requirements and timely delivery to such customers as TJMaxx/Homegoods, Ross Department Stores, Cracker Barrel and LTD.
- Developed and maintained relationships with eight different Chinese agents/mills, serving as the primary contact for price negotiations, ship dates, packaging requirements, BV testing requirements and all customer compliance issues.
- Served as freight forwarders primary contact for import documentation and container tracking.
- Monitored and maintained local inventory levels.
at this job
Promoted within 1 year to Manager of 6 Buyers supporting 3 business units to procure approximately $200 Million in materials, equipment, construction, telecommunications, satellite equipment, space segment and professional services from qualified global suppliers.
- Managed the reporting for weekly, monthly and yearly metrics to track key data used for trending, analysis and monthly scorecarding.
- Assisted the business units in troubleshooting, researching and resolving any issues pertaining to their requirements.
- Provided proposal support for the Business Development group for various contract types such as Time and Material, Fixed Price, Labor Hour, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, etc.
- Negotiated terms and conditions favorable considering quality, delivery and price. Conduct a price analysis on all vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable and cost effective suppliers. This resulted in savings of approximately 20-50% or more.
- Train new Buyers/Sub-Contract Administrators on Procurement processes, Deltek Costpoint
- Cradle to grave supply chain for the purchase of materials, equipment and services for Commercial and Government programs in accordance with prime contracts. Knowledge of FAR/DFAR Regulations.
- Files maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures. The team received bonuses and congratulations from the company President for successfully passing the Government Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) audit.
- Initiated Requests for Proposals (RFPs), reviewed and evaluated proposals, negotiated pricing and terms and conditions.
- Issued purchase orders using Deltek Costpoint
- Services procured: integrated logistics support services, training services, and a variety of DOD-related services in support of the war efforts in Iraq, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.
- Products procured: included a wide variety of telecommunication hardware, military radios, telecommunications/satellite equipment and Satellite Space segment, and professional services.
at this job