Purchased large variety of components, test equipment, and external testing for engineering projects. Managed teams to create improvements to the ordering processes and systems, minimizing shipping errors and reducing shipping costs. Maintained engineering financial purchasing records and documentation for over 20 projects, concurring simultaneously. Managed budgets and forecasted capital spending on projects. Worked with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of quality parts. Conducted price negotiations with vendors and ensured rev levels for the outline prints and drawings were updated.
- Implemented standard process for the internal parts ordering system, reducing shipping issues by 70% while meeting project time lines. Created detailed ordering documents, coordinated meetings with key personnel to discuss current issues. Identified key contacts for each step of the process. Initiated purchase orders and processed vendor invoices.
- Worked with inventory department to restructure inventory system, providing a more accurate ordering process while minimizing over / under ordering of components. Assisted in developing a system to provide adequate documentation for incoming parts and improved supplier communications. Revised inventory computer system to reflect the correct number and location of parts located in inventory areas. Reduced special / overnight shipping costs.
- Organized cross-functional team meetings with engineers, purchasing, and other department personnel to improve the overall communications. Provided everyone with a point of contact for concerns or questions in reference to part orders. Initiated price negotiations. Created various documents used for tracking orders. Documents were utilized by Vice President of Engineering.
- Managed over 20 different project accounts while holding responsibility for all financial records. Worked in collaboration with accounting to ensure project monies were distributed to appropriate program. Developed departmental budgets and established forecast based on company financial situation.
- Developed schedule to communicate with all suppliers, improving project progress and significantly reducing excessive costs. Created document for outside suppliers to track timing, quantity, print revision and pricing. Document also included detailed shipping instructions to improve issues related to parts being shipped to incorrect locations or without a receiver contact on packages.
at this job
As part of a career track program, assisted Purchasing Manager in all aspects of purchasing including obtaining quotes, advising, and executing purchases up to $1M.
- Coordinated meetings, communication, negotiations and contracts with vendors.
- Updated and maintained records of energy usage by various company sites.
- Assisted in development and implementation of new asset management software system.
- Investigated and devised strategies for lowering spending on energy and supplies.
at this job
Procurement Engineer, Supervisor
Built and managed relations with suppliers and expanded supply sources for manufacturing operation
- Promoted economical procurement methods - set and monitored standard costs - worked with corporate officers to develop strategies for business plan
- Created purchasing structure and aggressive procurement strategies - determine specifications and deployment strategy - select potential sources -negotiated - issue PO's using JIT, blanket, SQA, and EDI processes
- Served as Internal Auditor for ISO 9001, performed periodic audits to recognize potential violations of ISO and followed up with corrective action as needed
- Ensured a smooth flow of the production process throughout the manufacturing floor - issue progress reports
- Emphasized inventory control - establish consignment inventories to obtain best terms and minimize inventory
- Travelled Internationally to Taiwan and mainland China in support of sources of supply
at this job
Planned and realized purchase orders in order to secure various commodities (instruments, fabrications, etc).
- Developed and administered purchasing improvement programs.
- Monitored factory-level execution according to allocations.
- Maintained accurate procurement database, and managed applicable metrics.
- Communicated with management, end users, related organizations, and suppliers regarding procurement activities and actions.
- Ensured that all contractual documents issued were compliant and consistent with good business practices.
- Conducted follow-ups to assure that suppliers performances met requirements.
- Verified that all JPL credit purchases were legal and previously authorized.
at this job
Developed commercial grade dedication of nuclear safety related components.
- Assisted with the design, assembly and review of engineering projects.
- Monitored and managed the manufacturing process at build vendor for compliance to schedule.
- Designed and developed solutions using accepted standards and methodologies.
- Managed all technical aspects for assigned projects, reporting to the Project Manager, any deviations or issues regarding design, cost, schedule, or quality.
- Developed positive relationships with key suppliers.
at this job
Senior Procurement Engineer
- Established the material tracking system used for two major residential and commercial construction projects with total estimated material content of approximately $140M.
- Solicited material quotes from potential suppliers/subcontractors, and performed technical and financial evaluation of their proposals. Provided source recommendations to the source selection authority.
- Prepared Letters of Intent for selected suppliers and subcontractors.
- Evaluated material samples submitted by suppliers for conformance to requirements.
- Coordinated delivery of project materials to the construction sites.
- Supervised two engineers.
at this job
Procurement Engineer and Commodity Manager
Driving supplier selection saved the company $100k per month over a 3 year period.
- Facilitated supplier-design engineer decisions on components and suppliers.
- Created assurance of supply by seeking out comparable components from other supply sources and qualified those components to enhance crosses on existing parts and ensure the electrical characteristics were compatible.
- Exceeded time to market goals through understanding component functionality. Sought out knowledge on new products and options and presented those findings to the design teams keeping cost in line with product costing objectives.
- Worked with the supply base to keep costs down on new processes related to Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS). This was accomplished by capturing large volumes of their manufacturing capabilities on components which helped achieve cost targets on products.
- Led a 70% overall reduction of component costs using tracking tools and the principles of Zero Base Pricing.
- Lowered cost in component and soldering process related to RoHS compliance by researching different types of solders and pastes to keep the process temperatures down thus allowing less expensive components to be used. This temperature reduction reduced 4-6 layers of printed circuit board material down to 2 layers reducing material costs per board by $0.10 a square inch.
- Rational approach to crises management. Understood the problem from the manufacturing organization's side. Understood the difficulties the suppliers were having and negotiated a solution to keep product flowing and revenue from dropping. Two separate situations required innovative solutions. Business down-turn required reduction of inventory. Developed strategy to delay and extend dock dates components to contract manufacturing to keep storage costs in check and inventories at a minimum reduced inventory by 40% and component costing by 60%. Business up-turn required a7% increase in components to meet the increased demand for printers. By shifting inventories from products that were not selling as well to those that were and through negotiations allowed suppliers to make 2% more components and slip orders to other industries was able to capture the 7% increase in printer sales. Overall, the company increased revenue by 12%.
- Developed surface mount component placement programs and solder oven profiles
- Instrumental in efforts to reduce circuit board warping
at this job
PROCUREMENT ENGINEER, TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
Responsible for Procurement Project Resources within [company name] Technology related to Engineering and System Integration. Managed all vendor relationships and maintenance support contracts within Technology, Production, and Content.
- Managed and administered $7M dollars worth of support contracts covering support levels for "on air" equipment. Negotiated contract discounts, years of coverage, on site support, phone support, and response times, for all of [company name]'s broadcast equipment.
- Created System Integration RFPs for Technology projects budgeted at $2-3M. Provided analysis of System Integrators responses to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the bid response.
- Organized formal evaluations of broadcast equipment for production switchers, graphical enhancements, audio consoles, automation systems, broadcast monitors, and other equipment.
- Worked closely with [company name]'s legal department on legal contracts related to vendors.
- Directed and managed all of [company name] Technology vendor meetings.
- Held the position of Vice President of the [company name] Veterans Group consisting of 150 members. Planned and executed all group events over a 10 year period including Outreach activities, Luncheons, Parades, Heroes Work Here Job Fairs, and Service Academy Visits.
at this job
Site Procurement Engineer
- Managed the daily reduction of defective PCA inventories exceeding 10,000 boards and averaging $1M dollars.
- Led meetings and conference calls with engineering teams to develop rework instructions and test requirements.
- Supervised and trained Technician while providing daily engineering support to factory.
- Conducted controlled-build exercises to prove PCA quality and allow release to production.
- Led end-of-quarter meetings to release blocks of repaired/tested PCA's resolving critical PCA shortages.
- Worked with Supplier to improve PCA production yields by focusing on weekly meetings of top 5 failure trends.
at this job
Procurement Engineer/ Software Engineer
Responsibilities included performing technical evaluations to determine the procurement classification and requirements of replacement parts based upon a failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Established dedication requirements for safety related applications of commercial grade items, based upon verification of the item's critical characteristics
- Documented equivalency evaluations, which ensure replacement parts, meet or exceed original design requirements. Maintained configuration control of plant systems through documentation of plant changes.
- Maintained and upgraded Engineering Planning and Management's (EPM) Procurement engineering system
- Created reports to track progress and backlogs
at this job