Developed and completed execution of the Procurement strategy for new facility in Ireland ($209 MM budget). Developed Dock to Stock strategy for raw materials components and aligned it with Cordis production system and Worldwide Strategic Sourcing procedures. Integrated New Product Development activities to site procurement strategy and suppliers.
- Transferred 60 % of raw material commodities to local suppliers. Developed 18 Sourcing Strategies for chemicals and packaging components
- Achieved $9.1MM in project cost savings
- Led project to outsource Sterilization services and provide capacity for New Product development products. Executed multi-year contract and achieved $2.4 MM in savings.
- Executed Supply Chain and Procurement benchmark with J&J Ireland and J&J European leaders. Developed and implemented logistics and transportation strategies.
- Implemented JDE procurement to payment system
- Worked with J&J Legal department for two supplier litigation cases. Won both cases and achieved $1.8MM favorable settlement for Cordis.
at this job
Promoted to lead a team of 38 responsible for commodity planning, strategic sourcing, and purchasing with a $3.5M annual budget. Managed ~$1B in annual expenditures, including raw materials, packaging, energy, refractories, and MRO; supported 19 manufacturing locations and HQ. Member of global procurement leadership team.
- Delivered >$24M in cost savings over 3.5 years, including $14M in EBIT and up to $4.5M cost avoidance.
- Drove $4-$6M in annual savings in Maintenance, Repair, and Operating supplies (MROs); capital; construction; cullet; raw materials; facilities; and packaging by launching supplier improvement initiatives.
- Orchestrated the successful implementation of SAP for Procurement in NA. Implemented automated POs, automated R2P, and reduced transactional activities 15%-70% and on-hand inventory by ~$2M.
- Developed the first formal processes for strategic sourcing, including RFP and negotiation guidelines.
- Built team capability in rigorous sourcing processes through ISM skill assessment and training.
at this job
Procurement Director of Inbound and Outbound Logistics and Warehousing
Promoted to oversee global logistics, trucking, intermodal, LTL and warehousing. Provide strategic and tactical leadership, training and development for a team of associates. Develop forecasting and projections with an annual rail budget of $230M, an OTR budget of $200M and a warehousing budget of $27M. Evaluate, select, manage and negotiate with service providers across all modes of transportation. Manage procurement and warehousing of raw materials. Conduct audits and maintain all regulatory requirements.
- Completely transformed the relationship with a Class 1 Canadian rail operator from being in arbitration to more than doubling spend and becoming the railroad's model relationship which is now being standardized globally through implementation of quality processes and measurements.
- Led the organization to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy after a restructuring.
- From 2009 through 2014 negotiated and maintained inflation of $33M against an industry average of $82M.
- Collaborated with BNSF to decrease bad orders and reject cars by 91%.
- Developed proactive scheduling in conjunction with competitive bidding and sourcing processes, thereby providing better control over bidding and costs related to large orders.
- Led multiple bidding events including a trucking/intermodal event which produced a savings of $4.4M.
at this job
Oversee all purchases and maintain $1+-million fleet of company vehicles operating in 13 states for healthcare company with 150 employees and $120-million in annual revenues. Lead a team of 3 Procurement Coordinators to maximize efficiency nationwide. Communicated and negotiated with vendors to ensure competitive insurance rates. Directed employee drivers and subcontractors while efficiently managing fleet to maximize fuel usage. Served as Operations Manager for offices in Metro Atlanta area. Collaborated closely with CEO and CFO to ensure adherence to organizational mission. Led and supervised team of 20 employees for nationwide transportation-related activities. Recruited, interviewed, selected, and trained new staff members. Maintained accurate and detailed records of vehicle operations, service, maintenance, and trip logs.
- Increased profitability by selling ineffective assets based on age and productivity.
- Decreased travel expenses by 25% and saved over two million frequent flyer miles through implementation of new travel and itinerary program.
- Assisted in facilitating $3.5-million real estate purchases to support rapid business growth.
- Instrumental in creating Executive Travel division resulting in improved work life-home balance stemming from reduced overall travel time for employees.
- Wrote company handbook, to include provisions for vacations and absenteeism, adopted for use by all Georgia sites.
at this job
Promoted and transferred to the US. Accountable for global strategic sourcing of raw materials for the Americas Region and worldwide Flavors; annual spend of $100M. Owner of Procure-to-Pay processes across the region as the global ERP platform is implemented. Directed the seven-member procurement team in Mexico during 2011.
- Created and launched the sourcing strategy for sugarcane/molasses in Puerto Rico, finding new suppliers, eliminating the need for commissioners, and reducing costs by >10% ($2M).
- Negotiated a long-term $100M contract ensuring delivery of high quality and cost-effective alcohol.
- Implemented the global SAP Procurement process within the Americas, enhancing the visibility of performance measures and improving internal efficiency and control.
- Member of the Crisis Management team handling and resolving serious complaints leading to payments of up to $400K per incident to Bacardi (>$750K).
- Developed global contracts with suppliers of flavors, securing access to growth bonus for new product launches and rebates on year over year turnover increases (~$500K per year).
- Renegotiated Agave contracts delivering savings of $2M.
- Elected to join the Board of Directors for Bonsucro, a global non-profit organization dedicated to building a sustainable sugarcane supply chain.
at this job
Contract Manager/procurement Director
Contract management and administration in accordance with company/U.S. Government policies, legal requirements, and customer specification.
- Reviewed and administered contracts and modifications, including preparation of contract review records and obtaining necessary management approvals.
- Led negotiations of contracts and changes with customers. Assisted in preparation of presentations for program and customer reviews.
- Prepared and maintained contract documentation and provided information to property and procurements departments. Responsible for approving and processing all accounts receivable and payable for contracts.
- Government contracts that were administered were in excess of 150 million.
- Assisted in development of software to automate the process of our contract management and invoicing. This made the office much more efficient.
at this job
Group Procurement Director
Eleven years experience in managing workload and resource allocations, providing direct proposal and subcontract management support for a $3B group with annual procurement spend of approximately $1B. Oversaw the group's property management organization. Utilized mathematical spreadsheets to turn raw data into concise, usable information for decision-makers.
- Directed a staff of 100+ procurement professionals ranging from purchasing assistants to business unit procurement managers.
- Retained operational accountability for managing contract proposal support with a submittal value near $7.8B and a contract award of $3.8B.
- Chaired a multi-functional, corporate-level committee that developed comprehensive policies.
- Maintained an audit compliance factor greater than 98%.
- Uncovered major procurement issues supporting a large federal contract, organizing a team to analyze, identify and correct issues, prevention millions of dollars in unsupported invoices and a potential negative impact on the company's government-approved purchasing system.
Oversaw/managed material buy-outs, labor hours, change order quotes/pricing. Responsible for rental equipment and tool inventory.
- Assumed additional responsibility for two other offices in Las Vegas, NV and San Francisco, CA
- Prepared interval progress reports for senior management
- Offered technical assistance to service providers by coordinating onsite product training conducted by manufacturing representatives
- Supervised staff of nine Associates in areas of procurement, rental equipment and tool inventory
- Trained and promoted education for all on-site crew members
at this job
Manage Purchasing for all departments of one of the largest independently owned grocery stores in Northern California, facilitating approximately $600K in monthly grocery purchases. Management of six department heads, and assistant managers to achieve set monthly goals. Training of staff in inventory control and profitability.
- Enhance Profitability by maintaining complete accuracy in inventory pars.
- Creating and sourcing add items through vendors.
- Improved ordering cycles by bringing more purveyors to compete for the business.
- Generate reports on upcoming add items, and buy in opportunities.
- Cut costs and increased profits by comparing vendor's similar items and sourcing best price.
- Created an atmosphere of competition by allowing all vendors to bid on add items and store specials.
at this job