Digital Project Planner
Led eCommerce projects through all phases of the project lifecycle, while being the primary liaison between Digital Technology teams and business partners for a $1B digital business within Kohl's.
- Launched Buy Online, Pick Up In Store nationwide and across multiple eCommerce platforms converting 10% of orders to Pick Up from Ship and reaching 25% in attachment sales.
- Managed the M.com redesign project, which achieved a +50% increase in site conversion.
- Led site integration with 3rd party vendors.
- Chosen as project manager on executive leadership project with IDEO to align in-store & digital roadmaps through design thinking research with customers.
- Collaborated with executives to prioritize project roadmap for capital planning corporate initiatives.
- Developed and coordinated acceptance and functional testing efforts for multiple projects.
at this job
Senior Merchandise Planner, Women's Apparel
Played crucial role in generating $262 million in annual sales through 1000+ stores, ecommerce and catalog channels.
- Developed pre-season and in-season merchandise financial plans on semi-annual, monthly, weekly, and daily basis by merchandise classification for both private and national brands f.
- Maintained appropriate inventory levels and flow to achieve company objectives in dollar and unit turn as well as GPROI (gross profit return on investment) through OTB process by accurately forecasting sales, point-of-sale markdowns, and inventory devaluation markdowns.
- Negotiated cost concessions with vendors.
- Managed and mentored Junior Planner, Store Planner, Allocator and Executive Training Interns.
at this job
Responsible for all purchasing functions related to the procurement of goods and materials as assigned, including source selection, order placement and follow-up. Managed order changes with suppliers to avoid cost and delivery delays. Negotiated pricing and delivery terms with vendors that are not part of a master agreement or corporate contract. Analyzed weekly reports on past due purchase orders; follows up on back orders and communicates delays and changes to other materials, manufacturing, and sales/customer service personnel as appropriate. Utilized ERP (SAP) system in compliance with supply chain processes. Ensured purchase orders are confirmed within defined time parameters. Analyzed parts sales, forecasts anticipated demand, determines quantities and places schedules for material procured from the plant. Managed and forecasted assigned materials and components to ensure appropriate inventory levels to support customer delivery requirements. Developed and maintained spreadsheets for tracking large projects, material flow and communicating data with project managers. Maintained customer backlogs based on overall sales dollars and age, and expediting where necessary. Coordinated with international customer service and sales reps regarding customer backlogs. Responsible for all material functions associated with the development and roll-out of new products or changes to existing products. Analyzed supplier performance data to identify issues, recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Assisted in successful opening of central aftermarket warehouse. Stocking $3.5mil inventory in a 100,000 sq ft facility
- Led project for cost savings of packaging material for warehouse. Resulted in savings of over 25% annually, also decreased lead time
- Expanded supplier base and introduced VMI method for handling packaging material
- Buyer for Canadian region allowing growth to the northern region
at this job
Planned and executed purchasing, fitting set and packaging requirements, capacity plans, S&OP, and silver stock replenishment for fitting sets and revenue product lines to maintain service level commitments. Developed supplier relationships and supplier selection criteria and strategies. Backed up Planning Manager and Planners as needed, and provided decision support and maintained good manufacturing practices in fitting set assembly, packaging, and distribution settings.
- Developed production dashboard for fitting set assembly and initiated production meetings to maximize build capacity and maintain minimal inventory levels to support 98% customer service level.
- Managed Green Belt project for bulk packaging of fitting set racks to reduce: inventoried items, levels, and space by 33%; materials handling, packaging supplies and freight costs by $50K.
- Implemented global direct shipment process from suppliers for rack orders from worldwide sites to eliminate unnecessary shipping, inventorying, and handling by local Distribution Centers.
- Provided leadership and project management for new product launches with suppliers, global supply chain, finance, marketing, sales administration, customer service, and packaging teams to facilitate successful launches for multiple product families.
at this job
Responsibilities Include: Planning, forecasting, and purchasing $365M of annual inventory; Vendor management of 27 domestic and international vendors; Inventory management of 575 individual products; Analysis of demand spikes, canceled orders, fill rates and safety stock; Management of inventory balancing, turnover, and transfers among 5 warehouse locations; Continuous supply chain process improvement; Monitor and manage logistics, delivery timing, and container utilization; Lead weekly collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment meetings with key customers; Plan for new product launches and end-of-life cycle
- Managed the logistic costs to stay within the allocated budget by improving container utilization by 14% and reducing the delivery schedule lead time at the ports
- Improved inventory turnover by determining slow moving, obsolete, and overstocked products and suggesting a promotional plan to eliminate excess inventory and discontinue products; Worked closely with customers to analyze sales, seasonality and trends, providing better sales forecasting
- Negotiated volume discount pricing by increasing order quantities and staggering deliveries
at this job
Supported SDE-related process development and changes, including network scheduling for planning and executing carrier overhaul using the Shared Data Environment (SDE) and ConOps (Concept of Operations) initiatives using the SAP (Systems Applications Products) computer program.
- Planned, prepared, issued and controlled production schedules and coordinated with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Advised management of the status of work in progress, material availabilities, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services were provided as needed.
- Coordinated interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, etc.; scheduled and expedited the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
- Created and maintained material ordering (MO) networks for legacy and SAP contracts for the purpose of attaching material and creating PIRs.
- Served as a departmental SAP Subject Matter Expert (SME) in SAP processes as they pertained to Cost Estimating and Work Packages.
- Performed audits and releases of nuclear work packages to waterfront production planning in order to allow for Trades' charging.
- Opened and closed changes to issued (released) nuclear work packages to support waterfront production planners.
at this job
Technical Buyer, Planner
Served as liaison for all R&D material needs, including planning, scheduling, purchasing, and supplier sourcing; managed all buying and planning activities from design through product release. Initiated and managed DFM meetings with engineering and suppliers on new part drawings.
- Increased on time delivery of newly designed products from 50% to 90% for customer shipments.
- Reduced total lead time from 14 weeks to five weeks for new product conception to product shipment.
- Improved first article quality acceptance from 55% to 85% for first time purchases of technical parts.
- Oversaw materials requirements in all phases for engineering new product gate process.
at this job
Mine Maintenance Planner
Plan and schedule maintenance projects for a limestone quarry. Coordinate maintenance priorities across four production departments, determining the most effective and cost efficient maintenance solutions, to increase man-hour effectiveness and work order completion percentage, while reducing overtime and man-hours per work order.
- Developed, implemented, and maintain a work order history and priority scheduling system that increased work order completion by 54 percent and scheduled job completion by 50 percent.
- Evaluate and prioritize work requests based on manning, materials, and other resources.
- Increased schedule compliance by 18 percent, while reducing man-hours per work order by 29 percent, and overtime by 17 percent.
- Led the transition from a paper work request system to a functional Computerized Maintenance Management System (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne).
- Draft and submit safety related incident reports for dissemination to supervisor and other plants.
at this job
- Owned the consensus forecast for key [company name] brands whose annual sales totaled $144MM in $NPS
- Achieved 82% forecast accuracy results during the brand's full re-formulation -accuracy drove limited waste on inventory of old formulation and a seamless transition to new formula without loss of sales.
- Through cross functional collaboration, managed and executed demand plan for a new product launch to key Club customers resulting in 99.5% service level
at this job
Sr. Location Planner
Oversaw annual and quarterly financial plans, forecasting plans to maximizing opportunity
- Directed and coached team towards a 30% variance in plan accuracy, assessing historical sales and current trend of weekly sales plans.
- Identified lost opportunity in market segmentation, resulting in adjustment to total company plan by leadership, adding volume based on analysis.
- Reviewed fleet in Denim Sales and adjusted store attribute, increasing assortment and sell through.
- Led Regional Partner relationship program coaching cross-functional partners in best practices, analysis, and execution, receiving internal award for accomplishments.
at this job