Pre-op and PACU RN
Assigned to the Outpatient Vascular Surgical Center and maintain/repair AV Grafts and AV Fistulas, Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters, and Perm-caths; insert/removal of Mediports. Assist with Angioplasties and Thrombectomies performed under fluoroscopy in surgical suites with patients under conscious sedation.
- Handle admissions intake & prep of patients in pre-op suite; obtain telephonic pre-operative insurance approvals and peri-operative telephonic Case Management.
- Assist with installation of Anticoagulants (TPA/Heparin); administer IV conscious sedation medications under physician supervision.
- Use an E-charting applications and ICD coding for billing purposes.
- Perform post-operative detailed observation utilizing cardiac/respiratory monitors in state-of-the-art PACU Suites.
- Administer additional pain meds and Intravenous Reversal Agents under ACLS guidelines.
- Provide post-operative teaching prior to discharge and post-operative follow-ups performed by telephonic reviews one to two days after discharges.
at this job
Pre-op/pacu RN Team Lead
- Selected to serve as Pre-op/PACU Charge Nurse: provided training to newly hired RN's, scheduling and assignment for area, and managing work flow (June 2014-May 2016)
- Patient assessment and prep: obtaining informed consent, a thorough review of health history, IV starts, blood draws, administering pre-op and post-op medications, 12 lead EKG
- Prioritize care based on phase 1 or 2 acuity, Management of oral-nasopharyngeal airways, monitoring vital signs, site of procedure, LOC, IV narcotics for pain management, provide discharge instructions and teaching.
- Collaborate with healthcare team
- As needed help with Pre-admission Testing and Endoscopy procedures (minimally)
at this job
Pre-operative and PACU RN
- Assessed and documented clients' medical histories, including allergies and other assessment parameters.
- Obtained consents, implemented physician's orders, and provided care to patients.
- Assessed patients pre-op and ordered required labs related to their medical history.
- Provided next day follow up to all patients and addressed any questions and concerns.
- Initiated immediate care during post-operative recovery period
- Communicated changes in patient status to Physician, CRNA, and RN
- Interpreted physician's orders; reviewed lab values, EKG's and x-ray reports.
- Provided assessment of physical, mental, pain and psychosocial health status of the infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations.
- Educated client and responsible guardian of post-operative instruction, including infection, post-operatic complications, preventative measures, and medication administration
at this job