Radiology Associate/ PACS Administrator
Experience in Computed Tomography (CT), X-ray, MRI and special procedure modalities.
- I have extensive knowledge of cross sectional anatomy, radiology positioning and technique.
- Worked closely with radiologists to triage cases that might be more urgent.
- Formal education as an X-ray tech radiology tech.
- Experience working with various PACS systems (STENTOR, AMICUS, GE, FUJI, KODAK).
at this job
Devise solutions to operational problems within the capacity of installed equipment, develops and implements contingency plans for hardware and software failures and outages.
- Expanded storage capabilities with EMC Clariion CX4-240, utilizing the EMC SAN, VMWare 4.1-5.0, Citrix Xenapp v6.0 and Cisco UCS B230 Blade environment to reduce number of physical servers while increasing redundancy and availability.
- Daily activities include proactive monitoring and configurations of entire network environment (Windows 2008 R2 servers (Dell, HP & VMware), Active Directory 2008, Microsoft Exchange 2010 (1300+ mailboxes), Blackberry Enterprise 5.0; MEDITECH Client/Server 5.64; Cisco Nexus 7000
- Performed PACS Administrator duties for two different PACS systems (Siemens and Philips iSite), working closely with the Radiology Department to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Participating in and developing information for the organization's performance indicators, including providing information to Radiology Management, Information Systems, and others as required.
at this job
Systems Analyst / PACS Administrator
Designed and developed various applications with the required user interfaces utilizing MS Access with SQL Server and Crystal Reports.
- Currently working on a PACS system which is used to transmit images to the interpreting physicians anywhere in the world for various modalities.
- Involved in maintenance and support of GE Centricity Physician Office Practice Management (CPOPM) database which includes CMS 1500, status inquiry forms for BCBS, UB-04 form for physical therapy.
- Designed and developed around 250 Crystal Reports with SQL Server.
- Provide usability testing to verify that all of the user requirements were covered in the applications and Crystal Reports.
- Involved in full system data administration, application and system support.
- Designed and developed processing manager application that involved business logic for tracking data.
- Train users to fully utilize the PACS, transmit and interpreting systems.
- Efficient in administering the studies for the various modalities that reside on the PACS server.
- Direct involvement and responsibility for troubleshooting and problem resolution of issues occurring in the PACS systems.
- Handling various issues in Digital Dictation software used by interpreting physicians.
at this job
Managed McKesson PACS and Cardiovascular system.
- Provide training to all new users and vendors for all PACS systems.
- Perform troubleshooting on PACS systems and resolve all hardware and network issues
- Monitor all tasks and resolve all QC issues related to PACS applications and associate equipment's,
- Implemented new modalities for radiology department and to new clinics.
at this job
Senior Datacenter Manager / Pacs Administrator
Managed an infrastructure virtualization project with a large number of clusters, hosts and Virtual machines with Snapshots, High Availability, VMotion, DRS, VMware Capacity Planning and related technologies
- Deployed VMware ESX hosts and VMware servers with following features: Snapshots, High Availability, VMotion, DRS, Data recovery, VMware Capacity Planning. Managed P2V and V2V migration as well as Imaging with PlateSpin Migrate, Recon and Protect
- Familiar with Robocopy, Xcopy, Rsync and may other data transfer tools .Utilized IPC$ to work around Robocopy authentication when migrating data between domain or servers
- Team leader and Senior Network Engineer responsible for management and deployment of key Healthcare projects. Lead Datacenter virtualization project which saved close to $1M dollars in consolidation
- Setup a backup and recovery DR site with HP -EVA 4400 and 5000 with VMware ESX 3.1 hosts and VSphere 4 clusters for Healthcare clients as part of multiples projects with critical deadlines
- Managed environment with open source monitoring tools .Supported PACS/RIS/HIS systems.
- Designed project plan with Microsoft Project, wrote statement of work, managed project scope, procurement process, deliverables, timelines, meetings and the project team.
- Utilized Microsoft SharePoint Portal in a project that included Data Center Migration and Datacenter Consolidation Projects, IT Department Office Space Construction Project , Data Center Rack Cabling and LAN Switches Projects
- Familiar with ITIL and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and their usefulness in IT infrastructure design , procurement and management during the SYNAPSE application deployments
- Managed a disaster recovery project with replication to remote HP -EVA 4400 and 5000 storage
- Provided support for VPN and SSL, Encryption for DICOM servers and PACS/RIS Systems.
at this job
Responsible for operation of multiple McKesson PACS versions including image workflow, archiving, scanning and other related activities.
- Support various Radiology applications such as Vitrea 3d, DynaCad, Cerner, Orthoview, Sigma Oasis, Powerscribe, and GE CAD.
- Work with unit managers to ensure timely and complete capture of DICOM digital image data into the PACS system as well as network transmission, RIS validation, and exceptions handling.
- Investigate, identify, and prepare proposals to solve specific operational issues within all clinical operational areas, working with unit operations managers and division heads as well as involving the next level of administration as appropriate.
- Oversee activities of vendors in all phases of installation and implementation of new systems.
- Maintain and support Cardiovascular (CV) PACS workstations and support Emageon Vericis, Witt, and Bernoulli and Cedaron Dexter applications.
- Monitor and provide support to the Radiology/Cardiology Departments daily operation at the hospital on a 24/7 basis.
- Support multiple facilities and maintain integrity of the corresponding servers.
- Support and maintain EMC Centera/Celerra/VNX 7500 platforms
- Design and administer multiple projects within the Radiology and Cardiology PACS networks.
at this job
- Monitor Windows and AIX servers.
- Monitor DB2 databases and Tivoli Storage Manager file servers.
- Maintain an ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) fiber-optic network.
- Train users on system usage.
- Respond to various user trouble reports.
- Document all problems and report to IBM Labs.
at this job
or Technologist/pacs Administrator
Supervision and mentoring of radiography students
- Trauma and routine CT of the head, body, extremities and angiography.
- Fluoroscopic and general radiographic procedures.
- General MRI procedures of head, body and extremities.
- Routine maintenance and problem correction on PACS system.
- Attained a working knowledge of ultrasound, nuclear medicine, PET/CT, bone densitometry, and radiation therapy.
- Used GE MRI, CT, diagnostic and c-arm x-ray imaging equipment, as well as Novarad PACS, and STAR Navigator hospital information systems.
at this job
Radiology PACS Administrator
Leads 2 hospitals and 3 imaging centers in selection, implementation, and operations of all IT systems relevant to medical imaging including AGFA PACS, AIM RIS, & dictation software
- Responsible for DI systems planning, software analysis, and 24/7 support to over 1330 users
- Coordinates with QA team to create and apply system wide processes to improve exam turn-around time, tracking mechanisms, and physician satisfaction
- Develops & implements departmental PACS policies & procedures
- Trains users regarding specific applications relative to work center
- Works with IT to diagnose PACS network connectivity & speed issues; reduced STAT teleradiolgy transmissions from 30 min to 1.5 min
- Work with various vendors to install new imaging modalities such as PET & MRI CAD
- Plan system upgrades to include teleradiology, web-based clients & voice recognition dictation to be competitive within local market
- Oversees system security and develops operational protocols to sustain appropriate system use to preclude data abuse or corruption
- Ensures all required backups, maintenance, data purges are successfully performed to for integrity of Radiology PACS
- Monitors systems daily activity in order to detect and circumvent potential problems
at this job
PACS Administrator/program Manager III
Responsible for day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto routing, and perfecting and other related activities.
- Worked closely with unit Operations managers to ensure timely and complete capture of DICOM digital image data into the PACS system as well as network transmissions, RIS validation, and exceptions handling.
- Acted as liaison between radiology and other departments related to medical imaging initiatives and procedures and assisting with existing or new medical imaging endeavors.
- Oversaw activities of vendors in all phases of installation and implementation of new systems.
- Added/Changed/Deleted users on PACS, including adding new users to PACS database, putting new users into appropriate user groups, granting appropriate database privileges, changing user profiles, deleting users; and maintaining appropriate documentation for all PACS users management functions.
- Worked closely with Techs to insure patients are arrived and departed in CHCS (inpatient application) and patient information coincides with correct image when sent to the PACS archives.
- Notified the Vendors of any problems and working collaboratively to solve those problems.
- Corrected study using Patient Management Tool, when patient information is wrong
- Configured external devices i.e. scanners, DS, QC Stations and modalities to communicate/send receive information to/from PACS systems.
at this job