OPERATIONS DIRECTOR, MEDICAL SERVICES
Transferred at the recommendation of the CEO to assume leadership for Medical Services consisting of Primary Care, Pediatrics, Immunizations, and Behavioral Health departments, offering services to the United States Naval Academy students, staff, operational forces, and retired beneficiaries. Effectively balanced responsibilities as Operations Director and Navy Physician-Extender. Responsible for the daily operations for 34 member medical staff with an anuual operating budget totaling more than $1.5M.
- Intrusively directs compliance for Hospital Corpman Skills Basic program for 250 eligible staff members in accordance with the Navy's Bureau of Medicine and Medical Inspector General standard operating procedures. Maintained compliance rate above 98%, up from 51% in 7 short months.
- Instrumental in the implementation of improved medical homeport practices which resulted in a 25% increase in customer satisfaction and an increase in access to care by 35%.
- Successfully implemented and directed facility's first Medical Screener course, resulting in 100% completion rate in accordance with Navy's Bureau of Medicine guidelines.
- Chaired 15 staff Career Development Boards, resulting in two staff promotions, three awards, and four selections for additional medical training opportunities.
- Expertly diagnosed, treated, and medically screened 3,309 patients which generated 2,654 RVUs as a part-time Navy physician-extender.
at this job
Global Transformation & IT Operations Director, Systems
Established the global Program Management Office (PMO) responsible for applications and systems supporting IBM's hardware development organization. Developed a new team and/or skills for existing staff to design and implement an IT governance, standards, and ITSM (ITIL based) program for 100K managed assets. Delivered integration and separation of multiple acquisitions and divestitures (due diligence through integration). Managed the program office for transitioning xSeries fulfillment to IBM's general SAP instance. Team leader for the development of an enterprise shared services model for IT capabilities, leading to a single integrated CIO function. Evaluated emerging technology impacts and value to improve business operations. Owned vendor relationship for application development, system support, and networking operations. Responsible for information security and compliance for the division globally. Established and maintained divisional business continuity and pandemic programs.
- Drove IT spending down 23% over 2 years (from $710M in 2005 down to $543M in 2007)
- Identified and outsourced business critical systems and services to IBM Global Services
- Consolidated support capabilities and shifted 20% of staff to business management roles
- Policies and governance implement to correct failed security audit and receive clean result in 2007
- Successfully separated 2 product lines (divestiture) and integrated 4 M&A targets (managed TSA)
- Developed one new manager & one new director through mentoring and staff development
- SAP implementation reduced SKUs managed by 50% and cut operational costs by $70M
at this job
Responsible for strategic planning for a multi-unit profit center with combined annual sales of $12.5 million.
- Coached and counseled a diverse staff comprised of 125 full time associates and 20 managers; provided continuous feedback on performance while applying appropriate developmental tools to assist in individual growth.
- Facilitated conflict resolution for the union contract.
- Implemented effective programs at the account for compliance with corporate and divisional standards to increase customer/client satisfaction
at this job
Managing day-to-day operations of several contact centers consisting of more than 500 employees in multiple departments. Managing projects from planning to implantation. Work closely with HR to write and execute company policies.
- Deployed thin-client operating system, reducing IT hardware and staff costs.
- Train and promote employees from front-line to management level positions.
- Developed emergency plans for employee safety and emergency response.
- Implemented JIRA service desk for facilities reporting and reduced time to completion by 50%.
- Redesigned backup system to reduce backup failures and increase backup speed.
- Opened new satellite office.
at this job
Reporting to Chief Content Officer of health communications company and overseeing operations for multiple company divisions.
- Developed comprehensive multi-department client spend analysis to track spend against contractual budget limits; reported monthly to upper management to assist in maintaining budgetary adherence to 17% under budget in CY2014.
- Implemented web-based time keeping system that increased time keeping compliance by 20% and improved data accuracy; developed detailed reporting to track task-specific metrics used to create precise project pricing model.
- Improved efficiency by updating product return process by creating and implementing a return authorization system; the enhanced system reduced internal administration time and faster customer reimbursement.
- Facilitated shift in business operations from a contractual-based model to an agency model; specifics included establishing a client billing/revenue collection system that simultaneously collected costs and provided accurate profitability reporting.
- Oversaw transition of customer relations and warehouse functions to a client's organization; specifics included managing the transition of data, contacts, and physical product.
- Chaired the Culture Champion Network in Yardley office. Led volunteer team of 10 employees to reinforce organization's core values and coordinated creation of monthly calendar of events centered on team building, networking and wellness.
at this job
Operations Sergeant Major (operations Director)
- Compiled intelligence, conducted analysis, developed action plans, and executed approved current and future operations, exceeding established goals; commended by the chain of command.
- Mentored and trained senior supervisors (first sergeants) in the application of the digital training management system and how to successfully balance training along with daily work assignments.
- Developed a logistics plan to support 4 separate companies spread over 120 miles of austere desert terrain; maintained a 98% equipment availability rate.
- Effectively prepared and conducted several briefings/reports to high-ranking officials.
- Recruited, interviewed, hired and terminated eight personnel for management positions.
- Assisted with the development and execution of a comprehensive transfer of authority in Iraq.
at this job
Senior Operations Director
Coordinated Training for an Operations Brigade comprised of over 600 Soldiers with assets over $12,000,000.
- Provided direct administrative control of 75 personnel.
- Conducted daily operations on a multi service joint base.
- Supervised training for over 200 units and 7,800 personnel in support of military contingency operations.
at this job
Operations Director, Account Management Services, Managed Care Division
Led on-site and virtual team of 8 - 12 Senior Account Managers, Account Managers, and Client Administrators responsible for Mail-order, Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare Part D lines of business. Oversaw operational components of company merger and system migration activities. Served as escalation point of contact for account managers and clients. Ensured operational readiness for key projects and initiatives.
- Built strong teams through interviewing, hiring, and training team members, resulting in client satisfaction rate of 96% and account manager retention rate of 100% in 2014.
- Oversaw account managers, providing leadership and support, and ensuring core deliverables were met.
- Established and maintained relationships with clients and cross functional teams, negotiating and developing creative custom client solutions for operational needs and requirements.
- Maintained average client retention rate of 97%, through managing client expectations, customizable operational solutions and coaching and guiding account managers.
- Oversaw large system migration initiative, providing hands-on assistance to account managers and working with internal departments across organization to address and develop creative and timely solutions for clients' operational needs.
- Prepared and maintained weekly client reporting for senior management, providing client temperature and high level summary of outstanding issues.
- Hired and established Medicaid Business Analyst role, providing operational support to Medicaid clients by assisting clients and account managers with state encounter file submissions and rejections, along with implementing state requirements.
- Collaborated with IT, QA, Reporting, and Prior Authorization in update to claims payment system, developing impact reports and effectively communicating change to clients resulting in reduced effect on members and clients.
at this job
Sales Operations Director
- Managed the rollout of Salesforce.com, supporting sales systems and integrations to the Sales and Operations teams in 2012 (~150 users). Expanded rollout since then to include almost entire enterprise (400+ users) ranging from sales and marketing to full support and service implementation
- Streamlined front-end contract management processes, territory management processes, operational/analytic visibility and M&A processes among other key initiatives.
- Managed the implementation of sales system Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements once enterprise went public during my tenure.
- Provided strategic vision on data warehousing, business intelligence and integration methods for the organization. Supported vision in Salesforce.com proper to align BI systems with SFDC and supporting systems.
- Implemented full service and support lifecycle management system including analytics, surveys, milestones/SLAs and business intelligence for internal teams.
at this job
- Assisted customers over the phone regarding store operations, product, promotions and orders
- Advised customers in choosing the appropriate medical devices to best fit their needs.
- Worked over the past 9 years to create organic growth in a small nonprofit organization of serving individuals from 800 personal orders filled in 2006 to 3500 orders filled in 2014 as well as saving 165,000 pounds of medical supplies from the landfill.