Strategy & Operations Consultant
Conducted accounting audits, trend and data analysis for the accounting division of Bureau of Naval Personnel in the Subsistence In Kind program that managed $395M in food purchases for more than 300 ships. Audited every ship's daily transactions totaling more than $5K looking for unmatched obligations. Reconciled discrepancies and questionable transactions. Involved in 1st 2 phases of preparing reports for Treasury reimbursements. Accountable for documenting as-is system processes and creating user manuals for each process, as well as as-is user processes and implementing efficiency tools that streamlined production of management reports. Transitioned in May 2011 to Business Process Improvement team and began assisting the Permanent Change of Station Budget division. Summarized weekly analyses regarding data from Defense Finance and Accounting Service's accounting system that was used to discuss and define best practice strategies and procedures.
- Gained $20M+ in reimbursements in 6 months.
- Boosted productivity in learning functional tasks 300% and cut training time from 3 months to 1 month.
- Identified $3M in outstanding obligations within 4 months that increased Program's leverage for 2010 by 100%, raising balance from $3M to $6M.
at this job
Sr. Sales Operations Consultant - Channel Sales
Processed Channel Sales Contracts for new and existing clients
- Acted as a liaison between Channel Sales, prospects, and corporate departments to insure compliance and timely
- Assessed and determined areas of a proposal that may represent a potential liability to the organization and worked with Legal, Commercial Operations, and other relevant departments to gain agreement on acceptable
- Created and modified Sales proposals within the [company name] Quote Tools and Salesforce.com
- Gathered business and technical requirements and interpret needs
- Maintained accurate and efficient proposal status and routed information for all assigned proposals
- Obtained the necessary approvals for procedural and legal compliance
at this job
Senior Operations Consultant
Project consultant for an enterprise wide initiative to Simplify and Improve (SIM) the organization. Leading assigned line of business through the SIM process by identifying simplifications, challenging key participants to think outside the box, determine cost savings, headcount impact and expense involved with the simplification.
- Partnered with aligned line of business to develop 100+ ideas with potential to simplify across the organization
- Led 32 selected ideas through the SIM process to completion.
- Developed pipeline report showing executives the current status of the SIM idea portfolio.
Ensures that all restaurants in patch are adequately staffed (through quality hiring and retention) to maximize sales potential.
- Collaborates with Operations Manager and Store Manager to ensure that individual performance targets are established (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound), performance reviews are conducted on-time and communicated one-on-one, Performance Improvement Plans are implemented, and performance results are corrected or complimented.
- Responsible for the execution of the action plan in each restaurant to ensure that systems are improved and targeted results are achieved.
- Involved in and participates in the recruiting, interviewing, and selecting of all managers based on profit center staffing needs and goals and diversity staffing objectives.
- Completes various audits to ensure that their restaurants meet McDonald's standard practices and procedures (e.g., cash, security).
at this job
Accounting and Operations Consultant
Supporting Google X with cost accounting structure and revenue management through systems enhancement.
- Designed and implemented inventory management tools for Google Glass (setting up standard costing, direct and indirect costing, cycle count program and inventory reporting)
- Worked with IT to enable standard cost modules in Oracle
- Performed month-end accounting close functions for Google Glass
- Project management for new product introductions, feature upgrades, and entity launches for Google's display advertising products. Responsibilities include defining and documenting finance requirements for global projects while balancing different stakeholder demands, negotiating requirements, and facilitating project execution.
- Project managed the internationalization of display products into the India and Ukraine markets.
- Implemented new process for prioritizing and managing the Oracle Accounts Receivable roadmap.
- Program Management for initiative to move $1B+ of Advertising revenue in 9 emerging market countries to a new billing system. Work included scoping and analysis of tax and accounting requirements, vendor integration with payment and invoicing service providers, and communicating status and issues to senior Finance management.
- Work closely with Operations, IT and other Finance groups to identify partner needs and gaps in the process and ensure high level of service
at this job
- Responsible for managing the data quality and integrity for the cash planning and forecasting system.
- Collaborate with Banking Centers, ATM and Cash Vaults Channel Fulfillment teams to ensure that all relevant data points are being captured and included in analysis.
- Reduced cash levels while maintaining customer service.
- Heavily involved in testing efforts for mergers and acquisitions.
- Served as SME on projects impacting cash processes and system enhancements.
- Delivered key components of Associate Development and Growth for ECBS/ECL Associates
- Ensure key factors of cost of cash, transportation and customer experience is balanced and managed effectively.
at this job
Serve as primary point of contact, project lead, and technology SME for approximately thirty clients for daily operations and projects as well as advocating for clients internally.
- Collaborate with clients and partners to implement client projects from a technology perspective, recommending solutions and highlighting possible risks and challenges.
- Prepare and present quarterly business reviews and client program maturity reviews with a focus on process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Compose requirements for customizations for new and existing clients, gathering and translating business needs into internal developer-facing documents.
- Interface with internal product management teams to vet and prioritize enhancements to overall application and develop alternate solutions for client needs.
- Transition new clients and expansions from implementation to steady state, taking ownership of open project tasks and collaborating to improve adoption.
- Assist with coordinating work of two Business Analysts to provide client support and cover all requested deliverables.
at this job
Level I Technical Support / Computer Operations Consultant
Provide LAN and WAN support to the Global Organization including China, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, Asia, and all the Americas including Canada, and the United States.
- Performed AS400 Batch execution, Global System monitoring, backups and IPS (Initial Program Load) using IBM ISeries platform.
- Involved in Windows and Unix Batch execution, application and system monitoring (Automated Scheduling Package).
- Monitored hardware, operating systems, and network connections for failures and outages, escalated as necessary.
- Prepared tapes from nightly backups for transport to off-site storage locations.
- Printed and distributed all output created from production batch schedule.
- Rebooted systems and applications as directed.
- Assessed problem events and provided event correlation documentation to support analyst.
- Used Remedy ticketing to create and update incidents.
at this job
Performance of quality assurance audits to ensure that payment system was operating efficiently
- Reporting of significant discoveries and process improvement suggestions to senior director
- Resolution of exceptions discovered during the audit process through coordination with partner company and internal departments
- Training and supervising of five quality assurance associates
- Management of high dollar claim approval and execution process
- Calculation of claim awards based on financial information provided
- Review of financial documentation for consistency, validity and completeness
at this job
Manage Operational Readiness plans to prepare client support on new and existing products.
- Continually evaluate business processes for optimization, communicate process improvements and work with management teams to ensure adoption and enforcement of agreed upon procedures are effective.
- Identify and resolve business risks/issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in product team meetings to update groups on their objectives and receive updates on the progress of new releases/products.
- Identify and work with Subject Matter Experts to validate root cause data and analysis for product enhancement, Knowledge Articles or client software updates.
at this job